Chapter 3: "Beyond The Light"

CHAPTER THREE

__________________________

"ALEX!, DANIEL!"

Shout Jassel and Kim frantically searching.

The two enter the city hall which now lays in partial ruins.

"Be careful",

Jassel tells Kim in a caring voice as circuit breaks are bursting everywhere creating sparks along the main hall.

As they venture deeper into the ruins, a substantial temperature drop is felt, so low that a cold fog comes out of their mouth. Suddenly, they come across this demonic symbol.

"Oh my god!, look at that Jassel!",

Says Kim as they come across a huge black upside down cross and a fallen door of what seemed to be the door to the men's restrooms due to a clearly visible male symbol.

Suddenly, Kim notices a limp hand creeping out of the rubble.

"Quick, help me" Kim asks Jassel.

As they both work together pulling the ruble out of the way piece by piece the hand and rest of the body is revealed to be Alex, with a rather deep bloody gash in the back of his head and a scrape along his forehead.

"NO,NO,NO!, ALEX!" Shouts Jassel.

Placing his hand in his cold wrist, he finds a weak pulse.

"Oh Thank god"

he says, pulling Alex out and laying him to the side as they continue to search for Daniel.

"Daniel must be close, go call the paramedics!"

Jassel tells Kim, as she quickly heads out to call them.

Looking through the rubble, Jassel continues pulling pieces and pieces aside.

"DANIEL! Are you awake? Can you hear me!?" yells Jassel.

"Come on!",

yells Jassel as he continues to search.

Finally, he spots Daniel, laying face down on the ground under the rubble. As he checks his wrist for a pulse, he notices something odd. Daniel has a similar scratch on his forehead, just like Alex.

Looking closer, he realizes that the scratch looks like an upside down cross.

"Damien",

he says with an angry look.

Kim arrives back with the paramedics and Alex and Daniel are taken in an ambulance to the main hospital in town as Mayor Bell, Iris, Joan and Damien watch from a distance.

"Oh my god!",

says Iris as she gets ready to follow them in her car.

***

In the hospital, the ambulance arrives, and rapidly, the two injured boys are taken in immediately and are placed in the intensive care unit.

Walking inside towards the main waiting area, Jassel puts his arms around Kim to comfort her as both of them are very worried about the people they care about.

"Great, my brother is dying and I don't even know where my dad is" says Kim,

sitting down, as her eyes start to get all teared up.

"Heyy everything is gonna be okay Kim"

Jassel says with a smile as he holds her hand.

"I'm sure your dad is on his way, we just lost him in all the chaos that was going on in the courtyard" he continues.