Chapter 10: "A Land Without Hope"

CHAPTER TEN

*****************

Thecitizens of Homestead run in panic and horror, witnessing the black smoke slowly engulfing the town. They have finally realized that the town is not safe anymore... at all.

The streets grow darker as all the light poles explode from the dark smoke and from the city hall, a loud roar is heard, coming from Franco. The building completely shatters and explodes, obliterated into millions of pieces as the beast escapes, searching for Jassel and everyone he's ever met.

***

Jassel, Alex, Jason, Iris, and Melinda all watch in horror looking at the darkness slowly approaching in the distance.

"Jassel! I suggest you get your friends and family OUT OF HERE!",

Melinda yells before disappearing in a flash of white light.

"Okay, I need to call Kim, I'm not leaving her here.",

Jassel says, grabbing his phone to call her. She immediately answers.

"Jassel, what's going on. I just felt an earthquake and now I see dark smoke from a distance.", Kim tells him, obviously very scared.

"Kim don't worry, we're going to pick you and your family up and head west as far away from here as possible.", Jassel told her.

"Okay Jay be safe, love you.", Kim responded.

"Love you too Kimmy.",

Jassel responded, before ending the call.

"Mom, I need you to take Alex and Jason towards Kim's house, pick her and her family up and drive west as far away from Homestead.", he tells her.

"What about you? I'm not just gonna leave you here!", she says.

"Mom, I have to end it, I have to kill him and his evil league. Just trust me on this okay?", Jassel tells her.

Iris closes her eyes and starts to cry, realizing that he has to do this in order to protect them, she grabs his hands, hugs him and tells him,

"I love you."

"I'm going to see you again mom don't worry, we're going to see each other again, I WILL come back.",

he smiles at her, giving her a tight warm hug as well.

Jason looks at Jassel and tells him,

"Look I understand you want your mom, Alex and Kim safe but I'm not leaving you here to fight alone. I want to be there when we finish him off"

"That's why I'm here." says Randy,

"To protect and watch over him. I have already placed guns and endless bottles of holy water in your moms car. They'll be safe, as long as they go far away.", he continues.

Alex jumps in to the conversation and says,

"I would stay as well but I know you don't want me to leave your mom alone so I'm going with her to keep her and Kim safe I promise."

"Thanks, brother.",

Jassel says, before giving him a hug.

"Hey! No goodbyes, your COMING BACK TO US.",

Alex tells him with so much confidence.

"Okay, now go hurry! Call me when you get far enough away from Homestead!",

Jassel tells Alex, already seeing him mom waiting in her car.

Jassel and Jason watch Iris and Alex rush out and drive off.