Chapter 8: "Interrogation"

CHAPTER EIGHT

*******************

________________________

Damien is now locked up in the shutter house in the backyard. Mayor Bell has left the house in her car, and Jassel, Jason and Alex are in the kitchen getting as much holy water as possible to go and interrogate him, as Iris watched.

"Are you sure you guys are going to be okay?", asked Iris.

"Yeah mom, if you haven't noticed, due to your strenuous cleaning lately, I've killed demons before. The problem with Damien is that he may be a little harder to kill, and he has a history with me, and who knows what else he's hiding up his sleeve.", Jassel responded.

"I think now that Damien is locked up, it's safe for me to tell you.", Iris told him.

"Tell me what?", he asked.

"That Damien had a picture of a boy who looked just like you with the name BRIAN, with him.", she said.

"What!, how the hell did Damien have a picture of Brian, how did he know him?",

asked Jassel, totally surprised.

"Because Brian was a demon too.",

Jason said, jumping into the conversation, which left Jassel even more confused.

Iris quickly leaves and comes back with the picture of Brian that she took from Damien, and shows it to Jassel.

"Wow he looks JUST like me!, and he's a demon?", he asked.

"Why do I look like him Jason!", Jassel demanded.

"I don't know, why don't you ask him!.", Jason responded.

"Okay now that's just creepy, so now you have a demonic twin named Brian.", said Alex.

"This picture says 1922, does that mean that he's dead?.", Jassel asked.

"Not exactly, he looked just as he did in that picture when I met him in New York ten years ago at the school I went to, which makes me think that he's an immortal, a very powerful demon, just like Damien.", Jason said.

"Hold on, I'll be right back, I'm going to use the bathroom.",

Said Alex, before leaving the tense scene of the kitchen and into the darkness of the hallway. As he entered the darkness, he noticed that Joan's door of her room was wide open, along with hearing footsteps around him.

"Joan? Is that you?", Alex asked.

"Yes dear, I'm right BEHIND YOU.",

she said in a deep tone, before assaulting him with inhuman claws and yellow eyes, injecting a needle onto his neck, causing him to drop dead asleep.

Everyone in the kitchen heard a stumble in the hallway. Jassel and Jason rushed to see what happened. They saw Joan's yellow eyes glowing in the dark, holding Alex, who seemed to be slouched down on her. She smiled at Jassel, before vanishing into thin air, along with Alex.

"Looks like we may have a bigger problem.", Jassel says.

Jassel observed that the smoke that followed Joan's sudden disappearance shifted to the back, hinting that they may be in the shutter house.

"I gotta check on Damien in the backyard.",

"I'm coming with you", said Jason.

"No, this is between me and him, and I don't want anyone else getting hurt.",

Jassel responded, leaving the kitchen and opening the sliding door to venture outside, as Iris and Jason stayed behind.

As he does so, he felt a cold chill down his spine. He approached the shutter house, opened the door, and there he was, Damien, standing with red glowing eyes.