1.06

• • • • • •

• • • • • •

{Chapter 6: Jobs? or Hell?}

"Hola, Matthews. Còmo está usted, Maya?" Rosalie says happily walking into the Matthews home with her dress swaying with her every step.

"Hello Rosalie" Mrs. Matthews says smiling at the Latina girl handing her a plate for breakfast. As Maya just ignores the girl not knowing what she is saying. "Not only do they except us to be students. But now they want to give us jobs" Riley says adding to the conversation they were having before.

"How are we supposed to work and go to school at the same time?" Maya says as if it were a crazy thought. "Yeah who does that" Riley says at the outrageous thought.

"How you doing?" Mr. Matthews says walking to the table. "Nathan and I used to do a lot of work around the camps we stayed at and we still manage to keep up with our school work" Rose says. "Plus your only doing it for 45 minutes, we did it longer" She adds.

"Oh hey honey. Where you going?" Mrs. Matthews questions her husband after hearing Rosie. "I'm going to school" Mr. Matthews says answering his wife's question.

"Oh, whatcha gonna do there?" "I'm gonna work" "Wait, you're gonna go to work and school?" "At the same time"  The Matthews say keeping up the act as Riley and Maya nod at one another knowingly, as Rose just looks amused.

"Wait but, just for a couple of days, right?"  Topanga says hopeful. "No no no, this is forever. But Topanga, surely your responsibilities are temporary, right?" Corey asks.

"Oh, no. I have to do everything all the time" Topanga says. "Bravo!" Riley says clapping with Maya.

"No more. No more" Maya adds shaking her head. "Thank you" Riley's parents say bowing.

"We will be here for the rest of your lives" Mr. Matthews says grabbing his briefcase walking out the door. "Have a good day, honey" Topanga says waving to her husband.