Selena

I always loved winter.
The snow and watching the little kids play on the frozen lakes, Ice skating. I loved walking through the city, watching people and getting a taste of their lives.
Sometimes, I wished I could switch places with them. Live life not as a celebrity. See what freedom feels like. It feels like the press has a leash around my neck sometimes.
Everything I do, I get criticized for. The time I went on vacation and wore a bikini I got called fat. I just wanted to feel what it was like.
"Miss?" Someone said, tapping my shoulder.
"Yes?" I asked, turning around. I was facing an older woman, maybe around late sixties or early seventies. She was wearing older clothes, that looked like old dish rags. They were a dark green and smelled bad. But I didn't judge her. She was still beautiful to me. A baby was in her arms and two children around eight and ten to her sides.
"Can you spare us a few dollars?" The youngest of the two children asked. "We really would like a sandwich."
My heart ached for them.
They looked like such nice people.
I pulled my purse out and handed the woman two twenties.
"Thank you so much and God bless you!" The child said, hugging me. I wrapped my arms around her and could instantly see she was much skinnier than I had thought. Her big coat made it seem like she had a little wait but it was for show and to keep warm. Her little ribs felt so tiny and delicate.
I wanted to cry.
"My pleasure." I said, smiling. The foursome walked away, probably to get some food. If I were older, I would have taken them in and helped but with my career and the press I don't think they would have liked to stay with me anyhow.
          I tossed and turned that night, thinking  of the child.
I had a meet and greet the next morning, and all I wanted was a few hours of sleep.
The woman was with her. The baby still wrapped in her arms. But this time, it's little face was blue and swollen.
"See what you have done!" The woman yelled. "You killed my baby!"
"I didn't!" I gasped. I could never kill anyone.
"Yes you did. And now your killing Mariah!"
I looked at the little girl as she shedded her coat revealing those little ribs that I had felt a couple hours before. Her bones looked broken and were at odd angles. She reached for me and grabbed my throat pulling me onto the snowy ground...
I woke with a start. My head ached.
I looked at my alarm clock and began panicking.
Two hours till the meet and greet at Richer's, a coffee shop just down town, with some of my fans. I hopped up and began to fancy myself.
I pulled on a modest summer dress and slipped on my sandals. My hair was already curled from when my cousin, Diane, was over two days before. Even with washing it, the curls stayed in. I threw on a light coat of pink lip gloss and ran mascara over my lashes.
Sweet and sassy.
A look Justin loved.