Chapter Fifteen

~Luke's POV~

It was pointless me sitting on the porch, waiting for everything to work out on its own. I knew I had to go inside and face facts. I sighed in despair as I stood up and hesitantly opened the door.

I couldn't see anyone at first but then her head shot up and the familiar blush coloured her cheeks. She let her hair fall in front of her face and I had never seen something so innocent. I stuck my hands in my pockets and paced over.

"Hey..." Start off light, you don't want to scare this girl off, again. She peered up through her hair and I could tell it was taking everything in her not to cry.
"Look, what I did was such a dick move. I was super drunk, I know that's not an excuse...but..." I couldn't find the words to tell her how sorry I was. If I was in her shoes and I had witnessed what she had, I probably wouldn't have stuck around for so long. But still, she remained silent, just looking at me.
"Casey is..." I sigh, knowing how hard it might be for her to hear this. "I had a lot of love for Casey, and she tends to take advantage..."

Bailey's face immediately changed from innocence to annoyance. I must have hit a nerve.
"So you're telling me, that it only takes one person to have sex?" She snapped, I'd never seen her so angry. Fuck Luke, why did you have to do this.
"I don't care what you do anyway, I'm not your girlfriend." She muttered as she got off the stool and tried to make her way towards the door. I grabbed her arm and tried to pull her back, bring her closer to me. Nothing felt safer than having her in my arms.
"I'm really sorry, B. I care about you, I like you. Nothing is going to change that." I tried to convince her. Please forgive me, please forgive me. She tried pushing me off but my grasp just got tighter.
"Please don't go, not yet. Let me make it up to. Please?" I almost begged her. I'd never worked this hard for a girl in my life, but she was definitely worth it. Her smile was slowly starting to appear again, a little hesitantly, but I was going to show her she could trust me. She looked up with those big brown eyes to meet mine and my knees grew weak. She had a lot of power over me.
"It's okay, I...I forgive you, Luke. You don't need to worry about me." She shrugged her last comment off. Clearly she didn't see the affect she had on me. I brushed her hair behind her ears and lifted her chin with my index finger so she was closer. Her cheeks were a darker shade of red than I had ever seen, maybe I had the same affect on her? I wanted so desperately to kiss her, to finally kiss her. What the heck, I am going to kiss this girl. That is, if she doesn't slap me away first.

I leaned in ever so slightly and I could feel her warm breath on my lips, mere inches apart. I could taste the fireworks that were about to go off, it was ecstatic. Maybe I hadn't fucked it all up entirely after all.
"Dude, where's the TV remote?" Of course, Jai has to come along and interrupt again. I wonder if I'll ever get my first kiss.