Chapter 4

Hai peoplez!!!!! Whats up wit 'choo?? :D well, I know I said I was gonna have action in this chapter.... there IS action, but more of the dramatic and emotional kind. See, I was gonna move on to the next part of the plot, but then I'm like "Nonono that would be going WAAY to fast! Besides, we need more character info here. Get inside their brains." So that's what I did :) I hope you enjoy reading it! I certainly had fun writing it ;)

Image of Lupe at age 16 with her whip -------->

==================================================================================

*Lupe’s POV*

As I jogged over to the headmaster's office, I wondered what he could possibly want me for. Did I do something wrong? Disobey any orders? I don’t think I did. Ever since...The Incident...I’ve become more determined, more focused, more willing to learn. I took notes on everything, and did my best to excel. And I trained. I trained every spare moment I had. I almost never sleep now, and my body had learned to run as perfectly well on a single hour of sleep as I do if I’ve slept for a good eight. And it was worth it. My body is perfectly toned, my mind sharp and intelligent. The only flaw I have is my hatred. But on the flip side it could be considered a gift. It drove me to become better than I am. Faster, stronger, more flexible. I was like a well-oiled machine.

 I walked into the headmaster’s office, my steps sure and confident, though inside I was anything but. I took a good look at the one who brought me here, the one who gave me the chance to get my revenge. His face was chiseled, his features sharp. He was a very handsome man for his age, and his hair was silver-grey and cropped short. He had a scar on his face, a long gash that went from his right cheekbone to his jaw. A Werewolf’s  claw did that, I’m sure. He regarded me with cold grey eyes.

 “Lupe. I’m glad you came so quickly. Now, as I’ve said in the note, I have a task for you. You have proven to be a wonderful asset the the Hunters, and I would like you to become an official member as soon as possible.” My heart swelled with pride, and it took everything I had not to jump for joy. He smiled a little at the expression on my face, and continued.

 “To do that however, you have to prove your worth one last time, in the face of our enemy. I have the perfect plan for you to do that. Are you interested?” He stared at me, a solemn look on his face. This was it. My chance to fully become a Hunter.

 “Of course, headmaster. What do you have in mind?” He smiled genuinely, and spoke quickly.

 “Three of our members have been captured by Werewolves, of the Shifter variety I believe. If it was Rogues, they would already be dead. We need their safe return, for they are some of our most prized members. If you could do this for us, you will not only be a full Hunter, but have a place of honor among our ranks.” I thought about this critically. Could I do it? Get three hunters out of the clutches of hostile Shifters?

 “How many people can I bring with me on this task?” Slade looked surprised for a moment, then composed himself,

 “Why, no one of course. This is a task to prove your worth, and we can’t do that if other people do it for you now can we?” This made sense, but it didn’t make me any less worried. This sounded like an almost impossible task for one person alone. But then again, I have always been fighting against impossible odds.

 “No, your right. Of course I need to do this alone. I am honored to have this chance, and to prove my worth, I will gladly accept this task.” He beamed at me then shook my hand. 

“All right. It’s settled then. Let’s get you tattooed up.” I looked at him in surprise. What? What is he talking about?

 Quite a few hours later...