Chapter 6

Heyy! Sorry its been a couple of days, but I'm thinking you'll forgive me when you read this chapter ;) enjoy!!

==================================================================================

*Lupe’s POV*

 I groaned loudly and sat up. My arm aches and my collarbone feels like it’s on fire. Wait, my collarbone? I pulled my shirt away from my neck, and I watched in horror as a bloody wound slowly knitted itself back together. Why am I doing that? The only creatures that can heal that fast is....No. No no no. This can’t be freaking happening. I jumped up off the bed and kicked the door, sending it crashing into the wall on the opposite side of the hallway. 

 I marched around the building, which resembled the Hunter Academy, structure-wise. Soon enough I burst through another set of doors into a library. I slowed down, my anger turning down a couple notches at the familiar and relaxing sight of books. I rounded a bookcase, and curled up in a nearby chair, reading a novel, was the boy who saved me.

 His hair was even whiter than I thought it was. If you imagined the brightest white possible, it still wouldn’t be as white as the hair that was currently falling in his violet eyes. He had on some silver reading glasses that had square frames, and they seemed to fit him somehow. He wore a white dress shirt with the collar flipped up, and a few of the top buttons were undone. His sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, the whole look giving him an air of nonchalance. It was a good look for him, I finally decided. At that very moment, he looked up from his book and met my eyes. 

 *Lex’s POV*

 I glanced up from my book, sensing someones presence. When I saw who it was, I felt a sudden urge to jump up and kiss my mate’s forehead, telling her how wonderful it was to see her. I didn’t though, seeing the anger and fear in her eyes. I decided to introduce myself instead.

 “Hello, I’m Lex. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” I gave her a reassuring smile, trying to soothe her obvious distress.

 “I’m Lupe. Your the one who saved me weren’t you?” There was something clouding her features, but I couldn’t pinpoint what it was.

 “Yeah. I was the one who knocked Dameon over.” All of a sudden Lupe’s face twisted in anger, and I saw her start to tremble as if on the verge of shifting. 

 “You shouldn’t have! NOW look at me! I’m an abomination because of you! I would rather DIE than be a Werewolf!!” Her words sliced through my heart, and I looked down at the carpet.

 *Lupe’s POV*

 Lex looked on the verge of tears, and I couldn’t figure out why. He looked like I killed his puppy or something. He was currently staring at the carpet, his face contrite. 

“I-I’m sorry.” I looked at him incredulously. Did he seriously just apologize? Why? Shouldn’t he be gleeful that he ruined my life? This boy just keeps on surprising me.

 “I...don’t be. It’s not your fault really, I guess. Your Alpha’s the one that ruined my life, not you.” He looked back up at me, childlike glee filling his features.

 “Thank you. No one has ever told me something isn’t my fault before, because it usually  IS. I’m an awful Werewolf.” A single tear trickled down his cheek. On impulse, I leaned down and gave him a hug. He stiffened for a second, then relaxed and hugged me back. I stood back up, and schooled my face back into an icy mask.

 “I need to go. Theres some butts that need a good kicking.” He smiled at me a little, and waved as I walked away.   

                                                       *****************************