3: To infinity and beyond

We stepped back out into the glorious sunshine that seemed to be constant from the short time I have spent here. I glanced back at the building, still marvelling in its beauty. We passed through a market place, with stalls and salesmen yelling out, "2 for a crown! 2 for a crown!", in this Cockney accent. I guess you can never get rid of.

"So you and Charlotte are pretty close then?" I said, nudging him in the side gently, just to wind him up slightly. His face turned a soft pink and he shook his head furiously. "Nah, she's just a good friend of mine. Too old for me besides." We arrived at Block R, which wasn't small to say the least.

Someone whispered in my ear, "Close your mouth. You're gawking again." His breath softly blowing into my ear whilst he spoke sent shivers down my spine, creating a tingling sensation at the base of my spine. My face started to flare up and I turned to see Freddie smirking at me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me through the lobby, not stopping to let me take in the surroundings of my new 'home'. All of a sudden there was a woosh and we were stood outside my room number, 136. I turned to him and exclaim, "Seriously! Teach me that!" He chuckled at me, his deep chuckle.

"Use the force, Luke." And he cracked up again. I raised my eyebrows at him, standing there with my arms crossed across my chest. "You are honestly quoting Star Wars at me?" I don't mind Star Wars at all, but it was never my favourite film. "I'm more of a Disney girl myself. Can you now open this door? We have been stood here for quite a while and you are getting some weird looks." Freddie straightened up quickly, flashed the room key at the door and strolled in. I stepped in quietly and watched as the door shut itself gracefully, no slamming, only a gentle click of the lock. I took a glance round the room, amazed at what I saw. We were in a lounge type room, with two cream coloured sofas that looked extremely comfortable and inviting; a plasma screen TV with some weird gadgety things around either side of it; a table made of wood with intricate designs carved into it. At least it wasn't glass. I am extremely clumsy, so it wouldn't have been a good idea for me to have one. Freddie had already settled on one of the sofas, flicking through the channels and stopping on some sport thing. I made my way through one of the doors to the left of the screen, to find a small cloakroom. The door next to that led through to a study type room, complete with brand new technology and a laptop. There was an archway at the far end of the lounge, leading through to the kitchen with a breakfast bar and all the modern essentials for cooking. There were some french doors leading out to a balcony are which was shared with next door. I looked out at the view and was astounded by the view that I had. You could see for at least hundreds of miles, past other cities and even a mountainous range. It was so breath-taking I didn't realise i wasn't on my own. Warm hands crept around my waist sending butterflies to my stomach. "It's beautiful isn't it?" the intruder said as he rested his head on my shoulder. I peaked to my right and saw Freddie staring out into the distance. We just stood there together, staring into the view for at least 10 minutes, with a comfortable silence filling the air, no need for words.

 After roughly 15 minutes my shoulder was starting to ache. "Oi, big head, would you kindly detatch  yourself from me as you are causing my shoulder discomfort." He raised his head abruptly and raised his eyebrows as if to say, "what the hell?". I moved away from him and back inside my apartment to explore some more. I went back out of the kitchen to go through the last door in the lounge. This lead to a huge bedroom with a walk-in wardrobe and a queen sized bed in the middle. One of the walls was painted a beige crossed with sand colour, whilst the others were a range of purples, from deep violet to pale lilac. Whoever did this room made it for me. I fell in love instantly and jumped on the bed, only to find it wasn't very springy at all and i had face planted into it. I cried a muffled 'ouch' into the bed, then got up to explore the en suite, which was reasonably sized for the bedroom.

 I decided to go back out to the balcony, to witness that fabulous view again as the sun set. I settled down on one of the love seats outside by a fire place in the middle of the balcony, creating the finishing touch to the homey feel. The sun began to set and I watched as the sky turned from brilliant blue to rustic orange and then to a mixture of pink and purple. I whispered to myself as the colour started to fade from the night sky, "To infinity and beyond."