Forced Truth

"I heard you on the phone. Who was it?" says Isa. Patrick takes a step forward, his hands on his hips.

"Was it the killer?" he asks sternly.

Julie looks up at her loved ones, her eyes boiling with anger. She nods.

"What'd the fucker say?" Isa asks folding her arms.

"We're all in even more danger." she says bluntly. "He said our time was running out."

"Well, we've got all the time in the world." says Patrick.

-

Her brown skin contrasts with her white bed sheets, giving Isa a vibrant tone as she chats on her phone. At the top right corner of the phone screen, the name of the app she's on is called Dattch. She bits her lip as she chats with someone, typing naughty things.

"i'll host." responds the girl. Her profile picture is a dainty blonde with a large pair of breasts, almost resembling Jenna.

Isa responds: "great. see you soon. i'll uber there"

-

It is now 9:30 P.M. Patrick and Julie sit on the couch in the living room, Patrick flipping through the channels and Julie on her tablet, completing a chapter in her book. As she does so, a blue bubble appears at the bottom right corner of the task bar on her computer: a Skype notification. Confused, Julie moves the mouse towards the blue icon and clicks it, revealing a chat message from an unknown address. She opens the message, mouthing it with her lips:

"ANSWER"

Suddenly, a faceless icon fills her screen. An unknown user is video calling Julie. Confused, she answers it. The caller's screen is revealed to be the front of a large building. She scans the other side of the call. A chat bubble floats over the call, reading "ASK HIM HOW HE FOUND OUT OR SOMEONE DIES."

Startled, she looks over to her father, who is intently looking at the TV screen. She looks back down at the screen and begins to type:

"you're not killing anyone tonight. you can't force me."

The caller switches his point of view to Reese's car, the reflection of the killer's mask slightly appearing in the windshield. Julie widens her eyes and looks back at her father.

"Dad." she calls out. Patrick turns his head and looks at her. Julie looks back down at the screen and watches as the killer makes his way to the entrance of the building. She looks back up and gulps. "Dad, how did you find out about Mom cheating on you?" She looks back down at the computer screen, noticing the killer has stopped moving.

"Can we not talk about this right now?" he says. The killer starts again, this time opening the glass doors. Julie widens her eyes.

"Dad, please. Listen to me, tell me right now." she says nervously.

"Are you sure?" he says. Julie looks back down at the screen, realizing that the killer is already making his way up the staircase.

"Yes!" she hollers. The killer stops moving, slowly stepping backwards.

"This really killed me.. and it really hurts to say." He pauses, looking back at the television. He grabs the remote and taps the Power button, sending the screen to a black face.

"Julie, you have a half-brother."