Past

"You shouldn't have done this". I heard a voice quite familiar to me. I looked back and saw Alex with anger in his eyes. Did he hear the conversation? What a stupid question Anna, of course he did. "You don't have any sense, risking your position". 

"How does it matter to you anyway?", I asked. " I am mature enough to take decisions on my own." 

"Yeah right. Stupid and senseless decisions." he said sarcastically.

"Oh really mister!.Then what could have been the other way?" I asked perplexed .

"What if it happened to y..."

 He wanted to say something but stopped."Forget it." he said.

I knew he couldn't answer it and why would he care.

I was about to go back to my class but I was pulled back and pinned against the wall by Alex. He was so close to me that I just wanted to slap him hard but I couldn't. His grip about my wrist was quite strong.

" Will surely tell you one day why did I care " he whispered close to my ear. He loosened his grip slowly, like he was enjoying it. He bit his lips to hide away the smirk he had developed on his face. He knew I was furious. 

Did i say it out loud? I thought to myself. I pushed him  and walked away.

God ! His arrogance ! This guy has really got some nerves.

Brushing my thoughts aside, I went to the class. Before I can make the announcement, I was given a warm hug by Scarlet. No doubt the announcement was made. "Thanks a lot Anna." she grinned. "Yes , thank you so much Prez". Elizabeth said. I could see all my classmates grinning at me madly.

"Your welcome" and I gave my most appealing smile.

*******

"Let's go Anna."Scarlet said.

"Where?" I asked.

"To shopping of course." she smiled.

God her excitement is at the peak.

We were returning from school in Scarlet's car and where talking about the fresher's party date.

"Umm ...why don't you go without myself. You know I am not good in the shopping stuff".

"Are you kidding me? You have to come with me. How would it look.. my best friend not coming with me?"

"But.."

"I wouldn't hear a word from you now. Let's meet after 3. I will pick you up sharp. Be ready."

Well I couldn't argue with her on this.

"Fine.  I will be ready , "I said 

She dropped me at my house. Well particularly  it wasn't a house. It was a mansion... showing my parent's wealth. It had always grabbed the attention of many. Even the proposals for marriage for my sister was due to the wealth we owned and this disgusted me.

I walked inside and  my maid took my bag. Our parents left around eight years back. I bet they don't know about the incident that happened with Alice.  Though our parents live overseas but they never wanted us to be deprived of anything. They provided us all the facilities but personally I really felt all these years  we were surely deprived of one thing... and that's their love.

"Where's is Alice Laura? "I asked my maid. She was such a darling . All these years she helped me a lot. She never left me alone even for a second. She was slightly older than Alice but she looked so young and beautiful even after so many years. I never considered her to be my maid. She was like a sister to me.