Chapter 1

KIRA'S POV

I was at the dumpling shop working at my usual shift. My best friend, Shin came over and said,"Hey Kira!"

"Hey Shin, are you on your break?" I asked him. He nodded his head and said,"Yes I am, can I get your usual dumplings?"

"Sure thing." I said as I went to get some dumplings.

My name is Kira Yamasaki, I live out on the countryside that's near the village of Edo. I don't go to that village that often because of my work as server at the local dumpling shop and I have to stay here at home since my father works as a constable around these parts my childhood and best friend Shin works as his assistant. I would like to go to the village Edo some day but I love living here in the outskirts it's quiet and peaceful and I love seeing the travellers who come here and it's the place where my mother grew up before she died.

FLASHBACK...

A 7 year old version of myself was sitting by my mother's bed and I gave her a kiss on the forehead. My mother said,"Don't be sad Kira, everything is going to be OK, *Cough* *Cough*."

"But mommy, you're getting more and more sick by the day, I want you to be all better." I said as I lowered my head. My mother sat up weakly and petted my head and said,"Don't cry Kira, if I don't get better I will always be with you, right here."

She as she pointed at my chest and she then said,"Your big brother and your father will always look after you." I hugged her tightly and she wrapped her arms around me.

3 YEARS LATER...

My brother and I were walking together but suddenly, a drunken man came over and he was about to start a fight with a samurai. My brother said,"Wait here Kira."

"Big brother!" I shouted at him. He kneels down to my level and said,"Don't worry, as a constable it's my job to deal with the criminals."

He said as he ruffled my hair and then he ran over and he tried to break up the fight. My father came following behind him suddenly I heard my brother shout in pain. I looked at him and he held his stomach and he dropped his sword and he fell to his knees. The samurai stabbed him in the stomach and then my father and the other constables restrained him and then I ran over to my brother and he said,"Sorry...Sis...I was careless...*Cough* *cough*"

"Big brother! Hang in there!"I said. My brother smiles weakly and he then said,"It's OK...You've got to be strong now...Look after yourself and our father...."

My brother closed his eyes and then my father pulled me away from his body and I tried to struggle out of his grip. I cried even harder and my father tried to comfort me.

FLASHBACK ENDS...

Since my mother and big brother are no longer here it's just me and dad who live here now. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my boss saying that I can go for a break. I got some tea and dumplings for myself and I sat next to Shin and he was telling me about how his day was going.

Shin then said,"Hey Kira, have you noticed that your dad has been acting weird lately?"

"Not really, but now that I think about it, he has been a little bit protective of me lately and he has been checking the locks on the door to our house, I've never seen being this paranoid before, why do you ask?" I explained to him. Shin then said,"Well, when I was on my way to patrol I heard an argument with him and Lord Amagai it sounded serious as well."

"Really? Do you know what it was about?" I asked him. Shin then said,"Nope no clue, after the argument was over Mr Yamasaki stormed out of the office and then he acted like everything was normal I wanted ask him about the argument but he told me it was nothing."