Chapter 12

KIRA'S POV

It had been a couple of days since I found out my father is still alive. I never so relived and happy in my life, since father came to Kyokatei he's been hiding here since Amagai and Tori are still out there and they might kill him if they found out that my father is still alive and when Shin found out about the vigilantes Kinshiro let him join in the group and Shin has been coming and going to Kyokatei to see me sometimes. I was mopping the floors and I could stop humming to myself and then Hinata said,"You seem to be in a happy mood and in fact you've been acting like that for the last three days."

I smiled and said,"I can't help it, I'm just happy that my father is here and alive so can you blame me?" Hinata shook her head for a no and said,"Nope, but I'm just glad to see you smiling again that's all." Just then my father came over and he ruffled my hair. He then said,"She's right, I'm just glad to see my daughter again watching her from the shadows was bad enough but to be surrounded by some those guys." Hinata then said,"Speaking of which Renji, can I talk to you, alone?" Father said,"Sure."

"I'll leave you two alone." I said as I walked away from them.

HINATA'S POV

After Kira left I turned back to Renji and said,"Renji, I know Kira is happy that you're alive and all but deep down, she's still afraid." Renji looked a bit confused and he said,"What do you mean?" I said,"Kira is still refusing to admit that she has a crush on one of the guys."

Renji then said,"I know, Soji told me what happened between him and Kira, she refused to K.I.S.S him." I said,"Yeah, I tried to change her mind about not falling in love but you know what she's like, she's a stubborn mare, can you try to talk her round? She's more likely to listen to you."

Renji sighed and said,"I'll talk to her tonight, I'm not gonna say that she might change her mind but it's worth a shot." I said,"Thanks Renji."

TIME SKIP...

KIRA'S POV

After I had dinner I headed back to my room and I looked through the pages of our family photo album. Just then my Father came in and he saw the album and sat next to me and said,"Those photos take me back."

I smiled and said,"I know, even though big brother and mother are no longer here, I still have you." Father then said,"That may be true but as much as I hate to admit it I'm getting old."

I giggled and said,"No you're not, well, maybe a little grey, but does that even matter?" Father then said,"It might at some point in the future." Father said as he rubbed his hand my shoulder. He then said,"Hinata told me about you still refusing to fall in love and what happened with Soji as well."

I frowned and said,"So what? I thought Takeo really liked me." Father then said,"Let go of the past Kira, you can't keep letting it haunt you forever because sooner or later you'll have to find some one to love and protect."

I said,"No I won't-" Father cut me off,"Yes you will, I know how much you want me to be around but there's going to come a time when I'm old and wrinkly and I might not be there to protect you and Hinata might get married and move away and as for you, you will have no one because you haven't found that special someone, if I were you I'd let go of the past and get over that fear and move on, think about it."

Father said as he kissed my forehead and left the room. I thought back a little at that time when I was attacked. I thought to myself,"Since that day I told myself that I would never fall in love again but since I've been with the vigilantes that fear I felt when I was attacked by Takeo disappeared, I guess, I always thought that Kinshiro and the others might be like Takeo but I was wrong when Soji tried to kiss me that night...Hinata and father are right, I gotta stop letting the past get to me I have to try and at least get along with them."