Chapter 2

"James! Lily's here!"

James jumps up off his bed and sprints down the stairs, nearly tripping on the bottom one. Slightly out of breath, he barges past his mum and leans against the front door frame, trying to look casual. Dorea rolls her eyes at her son and briefly wonders if it's safe to leave him alone with Lily. Shaking her head, she exits the room.

"Hey babe," he says. Lily raises her eyebrows amusedly.

"Did you just call me babe?"

"I was trying it out. You like?"

"Nope. Do not like. Colossal pile of dislike." James laughs and lets her in the house.

"Noted."

***

A couple of hours later, Lily, James and Sirius sit in the living room, James and Sirius playing chess and Lily watching as Sirius gets increasingly frustrated that James is smashing him. Eventually Sirius turns to Lily, a hilarious kind of desperation in his eyes.

"Lily. My dear Lily. Lily-flower, sweetest of them all. Please save me. How could you just sit and watch as your lover pours this unnecessary turmoil upon my innocent self? Help me, I beg of you." Lily laughs at his attempt at puppy dog eyes.

"5 galleons and I'll take over from you." She stands up. "Oh, and the doorbell just rang. It's probably Remus."

Sirius is out of the room before Lily can even finish the sentence.

***

"MOONY!" Sirius practically leaps onto his boyfriend, wrapping his arms around his neck and his legs around his waist. Remus drops his trunk and stumbles back a few steps in shock.

"Hey, Sirius. I see you've missed me," he says warily.

"You've grown," says Sirius with a frown. "You're all tall now."

"Yeah," replies Remus dryly. "People tend to do that. I missed you too, by the way."

"Pfffffft. Enough talk. I'm going to snog you now," announces Sirius, and, with an alarming amount of force, brings his lips to meet Remus's.

"MUM!" Yells James from the doorway of the living room. "SIRIUS AND REMUS ARE AT EACH OTHER IN THE HALLWAY!"

Remus pries his very enthusiastic boyfriend off of him and turns to face James. "Good to see you too, Prongs."

***

Lily shields her eyes from the invasive rays of sunshine falling through the window. She reluctantly drags herself out of bed and for a second is confused by the unfamiliar surroundings, before remembering that she is at the Potter's and is about to have the best two weeks of her life with her boyfriend and friends.

She pulls a jumper over her head, then heads towards James's room. She knocks softly, then enters when a sleepy voice says, "Come in." She walks across the room and sits down on the end of the bed.

"Morning James," she says softly. James's hair is even messier than usual and his glasses have been discarded on his bedside table. He's also shirtless. Lily tries to ignore this.

"Morning love," he mumbles, voice still weighed down by sleep. He stretches out his arm, an invitation for Lily to lie with him.

"We've gone from babe to love now, have we?"

"Don't tell me you've got a problem with 'love' too."

"Do you love me?"

"Obviously."

"Then I've got no problem at all," says Lily, and falls back into his outstretched arm. James dips his head down and touches her lips with his.

Morning kisses, Lily decides, are her favourite kind of kiss.

***********

*********

********

*******

******

*****

****

*

HEY EVERYONE I HAVE TO MAKE THIS QUICK BECAUSE I NEED TO GO TO SCHOOL BUT SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING ON WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY I KEPT FORGETTING SO I HOPE THIS FLUFF MAKES UP FOR IT YEAH BYEEEEEEEEEEE