Chapter 8

Lily is the first one to notice the small piece of paper slide through the thin gap underneath the door. It's a few hours after the werewolf incident and Sirius is sleeping on Remus's lap, both boys having healed decently enough and Remus finally allowing Sirius to come near him. She had been close to tears watching the scene in front of her, Remus sobbing into his hands and crying for Sirius to stay away from him, before he had finally relented and let the dark haired boy rub comforting circles on his back and whisper soothing words in his ear, when she had heard the sliding of paper and the distinct sound of hurrying footsteps up concrete stairs.

She walks over to the door and picks up the note, paling as she reads it. She hands it to James and explains where it came from, and he hands it to Marlene, who hands it back to Lily. Now they watch her with wide eyes and sickly faces as she paces back and forth along the wall with the note in her hands, trying to decipher the crudely written message. It looks like a page torn carelessly from a notebook with words scrawled hastily in a capital letters and bad grammar with a blunt pencil. The message, though, however indelicate, sends shivers up Lily's spine.

GET HELP THEY ARE COMING 

She wonders who in a Death Eater house might be wanting them to get away, who the spy behind the enemy lines is. Eventually Remus and Sirius wake and find Lily still pacing while having  a roundabout conversation about the mysterious note writer with James and Marlene. 

"Remus. Sirius. Thank god you're awake," breathes Lily, waving the note in their direction. Curious, Remus limps over to Lily and grabs the note from her hand. His face twists into an unpleasant grimace as he reads.

"Where's this from?" He asks. Lily gestures to the heavy dungeon door .

"Someone slid it under when you two were sleeping, then ran away pretty quickly. I heard the footsteps, it sounded like they were running upstairs. I was thinking you might know what it is?" She stares up at Remus hopefully, when Sirius walks over, lightly placing a hand on Remus's back.

"Let me see the note," he demands. He reads it, his face also twisting into a grimace. He looks as if he's thinking deeply for a moment, before he screws up his face frustratedly. 

"Well, if you've got any ideas as to how we can get help, I'm all ears," he muses.

**********

*********

********

*******

******

*****

****

***

**

*

Sorry for the short chapter, I have no idea where I'm going with this. Hopefully the next one will be longer!

Hope you enjoyed anyway

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee