Chapter 1

"Come down, sweetie. We need to leave. NOW!"

"Ok mom, calm down" I yell downstairs. "It's not like we're gonna miss anything, anyway." I mutter to myself.

"Oh come on, you aren't even dressed yet." She suddendly appears at the doorframe.

"Well I wasn't planing on going." I reply and turn around just in time to watch my mom roll her eyes over my answer. "It's gonna be fun and I think Jessica invited her friend and I believe that she has a son in your age." Jessica is my moms little sister. She's just turning 40 and my mom is making a huge deal about it.

"Mom, I am not interested. Well not at the moment anyway." I reply and murmur to myself "It's too soon" 2 weeks ago my boyfriend, well now ex-boyfriend, dumped me and went after the cheerleader team captain.

"Clara, you got to let it go. And you are such a pretty girl and he's just a dumb fool to leave you."

"Thanks mom, I appreciate that you are trying to help, but I got to figure thing out first."

"Well let's go then. Maybe you'll be able to get your mind of things. You should wear your new blue dress." "Isn't that a bit too fancy?" "Clara, stop questioning everything I say. Plus it is my little sisters birthday. She's growing up so quick. I still remember when she was little and innocent.." "Mom, you're only 2 years older!" I argue back.

"Well still. I remember when she had her first heartbreak.." "If I get dressed and ready to go in half an hour, will you not tell me the story?"

"Clara, it's so nice to see you, I'm glad you came." "Hi aunt Jessie. Happy Birthday. Hope you had a great day!"

"Thanks sweetie, can you believe how old I am now. Where did the time go where I was your young, fun aunt?" Jessica asks. "I think you left that time ten years ago" my mother rudely comments. "Mom?! Jessie don't listen to her, you are still my fun aunt!"

That's what I love about my family, we all joke around, trying to offend each other, but just end up being fake offended and laughing our asses off.

"Clara, I want you to meet my friend Anne, she just moved here from Homes Chapel." "Hi nice to meet you I'm Clara, I'm Jessica's niece."

"Yeah I heard so much about you. Of course only good things." As we start laughing I notice a tall boy with curly hair standing behind her.

"Oh sorry, how rude of me, let me introduce you. Harry, this is Clara, Clara this is my son, Harry."

As the boy turns around I find myself dumbfounded for a second because of his handsomeness. I quickly recover and shake his extended hand.

"Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Clara."

"Well hello to you too. I'm Harry. May I tell you that you are a very pretty girl."

I blush at his comment, but try to hide it by letting my head drop down a little.

"Would you like a drink?" He offers me a glass of champaigne of the just passing by waiter.

"Yes, thanks." I reply as he hands me the glass.

Hi guys, how is it so far? Should I keep writing? Love to hear some replies from you :)