Chapter 2

Sapphire's P.O.V.

I sat peacefully at the edge of the river, my legs dangling over as my feet gently skimmed the water below. The wind softly grazed the brown and blue dip dyed waves sprouting from my head.

I watched the blue, velvet ripples below as my reflection stared back at me. I would always come here when I had this strange feeling. It wasn't necessarily a bad feeling although it was neither good.

See, school was hard on me. The people were horrible, every one of them. As though they had no soul or heart. While quite a few would proceed with the brutal teasing and embarrassment, majority of the rest would watch with pained eyes. Pained eyes because they feared the truth.

That it could easily happen to them.

Although I've never dealt with it alone as much to my dismay, I'd always had my twin brother. I always had wished only one of us was born, preferably him. If it wasn't for me, I know Rhys could've avoided all this trouble and possibly, been one of the coolest guys in school.

Loser me just had to drag him deeper into the black water.

So, I'd usually visit the small river and let my thoughts drift to various things as I inspected the surroundings. This was my escape, from everyone, everything but I think more importantly, me.

I flicked my eyes across the few trees to the side of me and noticed something out of the ordinary. The curiosity inside of me immediately burned red and I had the urge to find out whatever if was.

Standing up, I brushed the dirt of the back of my pants before heading over towards the trees. As I got closer, the clearer the view became and I realized it was in fact a boy.

Picking up the pace, I ran the rest of the way to the boy. He was slumped against the trunk, his head hanging low. I looked him over, bruises and minor cuts tattooed his arms and other visible parts of the body.

Gulping down the bubble in my throat, I stretched out a hand and pushed away his shaggy, blonde hair which had been hiding the boy's face. As expected, the bruises and cuts had also made it on his face but what built up the curiosity more was the trail of stains running from his eyes.

Had he been crying?

Before I had the chance to inspect the boy more, I heard a low groan and the boy's eyes fluttered open. Sky blue meet lime green in the spur of the moment and I pulled my hand away from the boy. He was once again hidden by his hair.

"S-sorry!" I shrieked, stepping away and letting the boy have his own space.

He just grunted in reply and looked around in a daze, probably unknown to his surroundings. It's not everyday people wake up besides a river. He was probably drunk and fell asleep around here. That would make sense since he isn't talking very much and groaning, so he most likely has a hang over.

"Where am I?" He murmured, pushing the hair from his forehead back, revealing his mesmerizing eyes again.

I opened my mouth but I didn't know what to say. So, my mouth decided to form it's own words, "You shouldn't drink so much, you know? You're Mum is probably worried sick!"

He gave me a strange glance, one I knew all to well. Although it was soon replaced with panic.

"M-Mum? I have to go!" He attempted to stand up but yelled in pain and staggered back towards the ground.

I immediately closed the space between us and rushed to his side.

"Where does it hurt?" I asked and he shrugged before pointing to his ankle.

I crawled over to his left ankle and slowly analyzed it. A plump, purple swelling was being to engulf his foot which obviously wasn't a good sign. Sighing, I crawled back over to him and explained his situation to which worry and panic was doubled.

"Look, I could take you back to my place? I can get you fixed up and you can then leave," I offered with a small smile.

It was nice, having someone besides my brother besides me. I know that if this boy wasn't injured, he'd of already fled the scene but still, it was nice.

Helping the boy up, we proceeded to hobble back towards my house.