Chapter 7

Rhys's P.O.V.

I strolled into the lounge room, leaving that newbie and my sister alone. I wasn't sure what I quite felt about this guy quite yet, he seemed alright but then again, everyone was capable of manipulating someone's thoughts. He was probably doing it right now, messing with my head I mean.

Plopping onto the couch, I grabbed the Xbox controller which had fallen down the side of the couch. Un-pausing the game, I continued to play COD obviously known as Call Of Duty, 5 that is.

A few minutes into the game, it was being to get not only more intense but a hell of a lot challenging. It came to the point where my frustration had overwhelmed any other emotion I felt.

"Stupid bitch! I just shot in the head god dammit!" I growled angrily, glaring at the tv screen while practically punching in the buttons in an attempt to fight back.

By now, I was sitting on the edge of the couch, sweaty palms from the tight death grip I had on the controller. I wouldn't be the only one to say games spiked my anger to points no human could or at least I hope I wasn't the only one...

Just as I had killed one of the following, I rounded a corner and was immediately greeted with death. Gah!

Should've been more careful, huh? Anger always did cloud my vision.

"Eh, fuck you," I stuck my middle finger up at the tv and threw the controller onto the empty space besides me.

Getting up, I walk to the kitchen wanting to get away from gaming frustration. As I stepped onto the tiled floor, my stomach growled, informing me the beast that occupied my insides needed some grub.

Shrugging, I walk up to the fridge and chuck the door open. Peering inside, I was greeted with nothing but food that didn't quite peek my interest. Closing the door, I go to the pantry but again, nothing seemed of interest. If Dad would let me do the food shopping instead of himself or my sister, we wouldn't have this problem.

Searching the few cupboards that did contain food, I came to a conclusion that I was better off ordering something. So, grabbing a menu off the fridge I chose to go with a large meat lovers pizza and a large coke.

I wasn't planning on sharing either.

Once ordered, I watched the clock having nothing better with my time to do.

Five minutes passed...

Now ten, passed...

Quarter of an hour now gone by...

Twenty minutes passed...

Twenty-five minutes and yet the pizza still hadn't arrived. I was probably being slightly impatient, after all they did need to prepare and cook the pizza not to mention deliver. Waiting another boring five minutes, the door bell sounded.

Springing up and out of my seat, I threw open the front door and snatched the pizza and drink out of the man's hands. Throwing the money in his face, I mumbled for him to keep the change and slammed the door. With a giddy grin, I skipped to the dinging table to dig in.

Yeah, I probably was slightly rude to the pizza guy but come on! When your starving and there's this beaut awaiting you, you won't be judging me then, I'll tell you that.

Halfway into the sixth piece, a felt a hand collide with the back of my head.

"Pig," I heard the familiar voice of my sister, Sapphire, scoff.

Turning around, I pouted. "Ouch, what was that for?"

"Being a pig, obviously," she smirked.

Raising my eyebrows, I reply. "That gives you no right to hit me. Besides, I can't change what I was meant to be."