"Hi" he says

Four months, four days, five hours and two minutes until take off.

I get up feeling crappy about Matt he replaced Jess and I don't know what to do.
I get ready and jump on the speedbus with Matt. " hey" he says " hi" I reply we start talking about school and I promised to help him find his class today.

We get to school and continue our day like normal. After school me and Matt go to the park again and talk. He talks more about his mother. " I remember when I was young and she would sing to me about this girl who followed a bunny and... ". He pauses. "I'm sorry for rambling on about her I just miss her a lot "."Matt don't apologize it's fine." I feel bad that he had to leave his family right after his mother died it makes sense that he's thinking about her a lot. I tell him about my brother Eden and all the funny stories about him it seems to take his mind of his mom we pause right after laugh attack and then I look in his eyes for a bit to long and he notices I look away quickly and apologize   " it's ok " he says while smiling. I blush a lot embarrassed so I tell him we have to go, he agrees so we get up and leave the park. As we walk cautiously back to our complex I tell him about Jess... " She almost always had a smile on her face even when I knew she was sad... She tried to look on the positive side of things and....." I start choking up as a single tear falls down my cheek, I wipe it quickly but, Matt notices and puts his arm around my shoulder, I scream and start running as fast as possible to the complex people stare and become unnerved. I make it back to my complex and force open my door, grab my moms book and hug is as I slide into the corner shaking.