Chapter 2-New friend

I get to my first period class, the teacher seems nice. She said hi and smiled but, don't all teachers do? I glance over to look at my classmates, that girl is in my class. The teacher said we could sit wherever we want, so, I sat next to Ashlynn.

"Hi again!" She says with a smile on her face. "hi" I reply quietly. "You're the new girl, right?" "Yes, I just moved here from the UK." "That's cool! I've always wanted to go there, how's it like?" "It's awesome living there, in fact I didn't even want to move, it was my moms choice." "Oh, that sucks." She answers back. "Yeah, but I quite like it here in Calgary!" I say with a smile. "That's good." She answers firmly.

Me and Ashlynn became good friends, we would always get in trouble for talking in class, then get separated. One day, I went to ask her to come for a sleepover.

"Hey, Ashlynn?" I tap on her shoulder. "Yea Lizzie?"
"Would you like to c-" My phone goes off. "One minute I got a text."
I look at my phone, it was my mom. She got the day off work today for some reason.

Mom : Lizzie? Are u there? I need 2 talk 2 u now!!!!

Lizzie : Yes mom? I'm here!

Mom :Lizzie!! Come home right now!!!

Lizzie : Ok, ok, I'm on my way!!

*Susan left the chat*
*Elizabeth left the chat*

So I got home, my mom was hiding under the couch... Strange.

"Mom?!" "SWEETIE!! COME HERE, QUICK BUT QUIETLY!!" She whispers loudly. I'm confused, but I listen to her words anyways. I crawl under the couch, ow. I hit my head. "Mom, why are we under the couch may I ask?" I ask confused and sarcastically. "SHHHH!!!! HES COMING!!!" She whispers quietly. "Wh-" I pause. What was that?