Chapter 5

The two turned around to see a girl about their age standing in the doorway of her and her father's bakery terrified.

++++++++

The girl had purple hair done up in a short pony tail and had a dark skin complexion. She wore a green jacket, white skirt, light and dark purple striped leggings with white and orange high tops. Sock was thinking about killing her but Aella had something else in mind. The girl fell down to her knees and just stared at them. Aella Walked up to the girl.

"Smile my sweet," Aella said in a calm and soothing voice as she bent over and handed the girl a navy rose.

The girl just stared at her with a scared and shocked expression as she took the rose in her hand. She watched as Aella and Sock walked far away into the night. Sock put his goggles up on the top of his hat and looked at Aella with his glowing green eyes. Aella took off her now blood stained mask and put it in it's holding place on her waist next to her knife holder. She twirled her knife in her hand.

"I think it's best if we head home and change before anyone sees us roaming the street covered in blood. Don't you agree?"

"Yea I would love to go home."

++++++++

The girl from the bakery finally found a way to stand up. She slowly staggered to the phone and dialed 911.

~"Yes what is the emergency?," The operator asked

-"Yes um... hello my name is Lil and someone just murdered my father," Lil cried into the phone.

~"Okay. Where are you?,"

-"I'm at The Sugar Shack bakery, 921 East dolton road."

~"Okay we are sending a fleet your way."

-"Thank you," Lil responded and then hung up on the operator.

She sat on the counter in the front of her store and stared down at the rose. Contemplating what it was meant for and why they had given it to her. After several minutes Lil could hear the sirens in the distance and knew they would be here shortly. She looked up and stared out the big window in the front of the bakery next to the door watching the police speed into the parking spots. All the officers hopped out of their cars as paramedics drove over and parked. The officers came into the bakery with guns out and searched the place as other came over to Lil to make sure that the killer hadn't touched her and to ask her several questions.

" did you see anyone?"

"Yes there were two people standing by my father's body," Lil answered unblinking towards the floor.

"Did you see what they look like?"

"No, not really all I remember was that one of them was wearing goggles and the other was wearing a silver mask."

"Did they say anything to you?"

"Smile my sweet. The one with the silver mask kindly said to be as she gave me this rose." Lil held the rose up and stared intently at it wonder what it could mean.