Chapter 10

"Okay, Okay. Just stop shouting we need to get out of here but how we got them on our tail." Sock asked looking at Aella for a split second and then looking back at the road.

++++++++

"Pull over your vehicle now this is the police." They could hear the screeching of the intercom on the top of the sleek black vans as their lights splattering the world around them with red and blue.

Aella and Sock don't respond to them with words but instead by slipping harshly to the side sending them straight into the woods.

"Come one we almost got them." Combs shouted to the rest of his team from in the front of the van leading the rest.

Combs harshly swerved his vehicle to the side and went flying into the woods after the truck. The two vehicles racing through the night once more like a game of cat and mouse. You never know if the cat will pounce or the mouse will scurry on. Aella and Sock zip through the many moss covered trunks of the always frozen trees above.

"Sock you need to find the way out! We need to leave this town or else we'll be discovered again." Aella spoke worry encrypted in her voice.

"I know,' Sock looked at Aella reassuring her that they would make it.

That was a grave mistake. Metal, glass, wood, and blood had danced everywhere. Their truck was now and forever incapable of life. Aella groaned as she sat up and unbuckled herself shackly.

"Sock You okay?" She asked to the stone cold body that lay next to her.

"Sock? Come on what the heck." She shook the body.

"Come on this isn't a time to play games." She sobbed blood and dirt filled tears streaming down her face.

"No! No! this can't be! He can't be dead!" She cried shaking him violently even slapping him a few times but he never woke up.

She let the tears fall as she took his dagger from in his pocket. Keeping it as a keepsake and a reminder of the one partner that she had actually enjoied. She slowly opened her passenger door and climbed out silently, crawling to the back of the trunk to pull out the backpacks they had packed incase they had to skip town and move somewhere else. She pulled out her own black back pack and then Sock's as well. She Slipped hers on over both shoulders and then hugged Sock's close to her chest tightly. They had both packed clothes, food, water, and all the money they had.

"Over here. I see the car over here." Aella could hear the officers running behind her.

Aella took off in a dead sprint not stopping till she found a way out. She was going to get revenge from what had happened to Sock. She was going to kill every last one of them if it killed her. The wind running through her hair as she sprinted away passing trunk after trunk. She came passed a rather large oak tree in the middle of surrounding trees. The roots of it spring to life popping out of the ground creating entrances to a cave like structure underneath. She tossed the bags underneath and ran in the other direction towards the Cops that are searching for her vigorously like kids in a candy store.