Chapter Three

Looking back on that now,it was probably a bad idea to act on my first instinct. "Trudge through,Mia!" Like asking Jess to be my trainer a year and a half ago,..that's coming back to bite me in the ass. "I'm trying!" I groaned,feeling the bolder start to slip from my fingers. "Keep going!" I sighed and grumbled under my breath but kept going regardless. "Hey,Mia!" I looked over and saw Alex and some guy waving at me. I smiled and waved back...well...until i remembered i was training and instantly fell under water. When i came up i was spluttering and coughing,cursing myself again for getting distracted. "Holy shit! Are you okay?!" Alex lifts me up and carries me to the shore. Not that i minded,of course. What? My legs were tired! "Y-yeah. I'm fine,thanks." He smiled and the other kid ran over. "Guys! We got trouble!" I looked over where the boy was pointing to see Zack and his group of idiots headed our way. My jaw clenched and Alex tensed completely. "I thought i told you to never go near her again?" Alex growled towards Zack. I frowned. Wait,...he knew Zack? I thought he just came here from England?! Zack laughed and stood toe-to-toe with Alex. "Since when do i take orders from you,Gaskarth?" I pushed myself up. "Leave him alone,Zack. Don't make me beat the shit out of you." I warn thoroughly. He glared down at me. "Stay out of it,Maria. This isn't your fight. Is it,Robert?" The boy from behind me shot daggers at Zack. "It's Rian,actually. And it's just as much of her fight as it is ours." Zack rolled his eyes. "Well,this beach is free property. You have a problem with that,go talk to the feds." I growled. Zack laughed heartedly and i felt Jess walk up behind us. "Is there a problem?" I smirked. Zack has always been uneasy around Jess. It makes sense though. He is pretty intimidating. "Not until you came." Zack mutters. Alex wraps his arm around my waist and i feel tingels everywhere his fingers touch. What is he doing? "Hm. And the problem is?" Rian retored sharply. Dex steps in and yells,"I think they want to fight,Zack!" Zack smirks,never stepping down from a challenge. "I think so too. What do you think,Ricky?" Ricky cracked his knuckles with the same smirk. Seeing as he wasn't very good at speaking,he just used sign language. But that didn't stop him from being just as vile as the rest of them. "Alex,get Mia out of here." I laughed a little. "Thanks,but i can handle mysel-" Jess narrowed his eyes and Alex grabbed my hand,pulling me away from the beach. "Let me go! I have to-"

"Stay here. You have to stay here. Please,i don't want you to get hurt." I sighed and nodded. "Fine. I'll stay." He smiled and sat on the hood of my trunk. I smiled back and sat next to him,laying on my elbows. "So,tell me,Alex. What brought you here to Hawaii?" He smiles down at me and looks up at the sky. "Well,this is where the greatest surfers ever are from and...i just..i want to be one of them." I smiled wider,seeing that spark in his eyes like i did that day on the beach. Alex looked over at me and laughed lightly. "You're adorable,ya' know that?" I blushed and looked down at my hands. "Oh? How's that?" He smirked and hopped off the car. "Come on. I wanna take you somewhere." I frowned and leaned up,looking at him curiously. "Where?" He laughed and held out his hand for mine,i took it and hopped down. "That's the magic in an adventure,yeah?" I laughed and shrugged. "Guess so...but what about-"
"They'll be fine. Jack and Jaime are with them." I raised a brow. "Jack and Jaime?" He smiled and nodded. "They're a couple of idiots but they're my best friends and i trust them." I sighed and nodded,realising that we were still holding hands and blushed madly after. "Let's go!" He held out his free hand for my keys and i handed them over,hopping into the passenger seat. Alex sat in the drivers seat and pulled out,and away from the beach.