Chapter Seven

Alex

"Hey,Lex? Your phone's been going crazy all last night and it seems like they're calling you more now. You should answer it." Lisa pointed out. I shook my head and smiled at her,chewing the rest of my pancakes. "Whatever it is,it can wait. Right now,i'm on a date with an amazing girl. So i'm not gonna just ditch you for a phone call." She blushed and looked at her fruit bowl. "Thanks. But really,Alex. It seems like it's important. I can wait a few seconds for you to answer it. Call whoever it is back and i'll sit here and wait for you." I sighed and nodded,kissing her head and walking outside. I took out my phone and went to my call log.

3 missed calls from : Unknown

5 missed calls from : Rian's a potato

13 missed calls and 1 voicemail from : Jess' pimp

1 missed call and 1 voicemail from: Jackary

I frowned. What the hell happened? I clicked Jess' voicemail first.

"Alex,you dick! I really hate you,ya' know that?! My bestfriend is in the fucking hospital and you don't even have the decency to pick up your stupid fucking phone. Well,screw you. Stay where you are. Don't even bother coming to see her."

Voicemail ended.

My eyes went wide. "Geez,what did i do now?" After Jess' very violent and loud voicemail, i clicked Jack's. He might not yell at me for not picking up the phone. He doesn't really mind that sort of thing,anyway.

"Hey,man uh..you might want to get down to the hospital when you're done with whatever you're doing."

Voicemail ended.

I quickly called Jack and prayed to whatever was out there that he would answer and not kill me for whatever Jess was going on about. Jess may seem like a chill guy but in a situation to where he blows up your phone,he's less chill and more of 'i will go texas chainsaw massacre on you'. "Alex! Where the fuck have you been?! We've all been calling you like crazy!" He whisper-yells down the phone. "I know,i'm sorry. What's going on? What's up Jess' ass?" I paced the sand. "Um,.." I heard some rustling before i heard the waves crashing against the sand. "..Mia is in the hospital." My heart got caught in my throat and my breathing hitched. "W-what? Why?! What happened?!" Jack sighed. "Last night at the show-down," Oh my god, i completely forgot about the show-down. I was so caught up in taking Lisa out that i forgot that i said i would help Mia. "Zack and Dex took her to Hanauma Bay. They said she was paddling out but wasn't focused and got wiped out. They said that they waited for her to come back up but when her board did,she was missing. So they called Rian. Rian found her this morning on the beach on the other side of Hanauma Bay and she was covered in blood and really deep cuts. She was bruised up pretty good. She passed out and he called the ambulance. Now,she's in the ICU. They won't tell us anything else." I shook my head and ran my fingers through my hair. "Fuck...i'm on my way." I hung up and ran. I barely remember where it is but i remembered the street that it was on. That was close enough.

Once i got to the hospital,i was out of breath and my legs felt like Jell-O. I was running for,like,half an hour. Can you blame me? Anyway,i started walking inside and saw Jack on the other side of the reception desk in the waiting room. I went to walk over but the receptionist cleared her throat obnoxiously. I sighed and faced her. "Yes?" She glared at me. "Name?" I smiled as polite as possible. "I'm here for my friend Maria Range. But my friends are over ther so if you'll excus-"

"You're name." She growled. I sighed and just gave up muttering,"Alex Gaskarth." She went and typed some stuff into the computer before smirking at me and pressing a button. Three men came up to me with a serious and determined look on their faces. "Um,...hi?"

"Let me go! I was just coming to see her! Let me go,man!" They threw me out and i fell on my back,coughing and groaning. My phone rang in my pocket and i pulled it out,standing up to answer it. I didn't have to look at the caller ID to know it was Jack. "They aren't letting me in,dude." He was silent for a second before hanging up. Next thing i knew,he was walking out the hospital and over to me. "What do you mean they aren't letting you in? This is a hospital! They have to let you in." I shrugged and said,"I don't know! I walked in and the lady at the front desk asked for my name and i told her i was just here for Mia and that i seen you guys and was just gonna go sit with you guys and the next thing i know,i'm out on my ass!" Jack sighed and grabbed my arm,dragging me in behind him. The lady stood up and stared at us menacingly. "He can't come in here." I frowned and Jack scoffed. "And why not?" Her teeth gritted and she held up a hand. "I was told that he is a threat to someone's saftey. You must leave at once." I gulped and my eyebrows furrowed. "A-a threat to someone's saftey? Me?" Jack laughed bitterly. "There's gotta be some mistake." She shook her head firmly. "Who told you that?" He retorts. She looks around the room frantically and when her eyes land on a sleeping Jess, she quickly looks away. "No one. Don't worry about it. Now,please,leave." I sighed and nodded. "Just tell me what happens,Jack" He sighs and psts my back in agreement. I wasn't really gonna leave. Probably just sit outside on the curb and wait to hear from him. I had to know if she was going to be alright. She has to be alright.