Chapter Ten

Third Person's P.O.V.

March 16,2016

Mia smiled at the class of seventh graders and sighed happily. "Okay,guys. Get into your groups and i'll bring out the stuff,okay?" The class cheered in response and quickly ran around the room to their desired seats. Well,all except for Olivia Ruocco. She and her best friend,Lana Barakat,were the only ones in the back of the room and they liked it that way. Although, Mia knew that Lana was her best friends' Jack and Jess Barakat's adopted child,she only met Olivia's mom,Lisa,once. "Rodney is being a complete dick again." Lana mumbled while rubbing her arm. Olivia glared at the back of his head and growled, "What did he do this time?" Lana stared at the new-forming bruise and looked back at her tall best friend. "H-he pushed me into the wall and called my dads faggots." Olivia scrunched up her fists and kissed the top of Lana's head,marching up to Rodney. "Hey,dingbat!" Rodney turned around and smirked at Olivia. "Ah! Well, if it isn't the orphan's friend-" Olivia didn't waste a second and quickly punched him in the nose. Her dad always taught her to be strong and stand up for what she believed in. She was going to protect Lana at all costs. "Ruocco! Merrick! Break it up!" Mia barks,seperating the two. She glanced over at Lana who was crying and rocking back and forth in the back of the room. "You three out in the hall." She mumbled and slowly picked Lana up and helped her walk outside. Olivia grudgingly followed them in the hall and Rodney calmly followed after. "What is going on here?" Mia asks,hugging Lana tightly and wiping her tears. "This dungbeatle looking toad had the nerve to hit Lana! So, i thought it was a good idea to give him a taste of his own medicine." Rodney rolled his eyes and shrugged. Lana sniffled and looked around at them. "Aunt Mia,the truth is,...Rodney's been bullying us ever since Olivia got here." Here being Baltimore. You see,once Mia woke up she searched for Alex. Seeing that he wasn't there hurt her deeply. But she knew she couldn't hold on any longer to what used to be. So,after Jack and Jess' marriage they all moved to Baltimore but Rian stayed in Hawaii with his-now fiancee-Cassadee. Turns out that Zack had a kid of his own who stayed with his grandmother while Zack and his girlfriend lived in Hawaii as well. But then a few months into Lana's sixth grade year,a new family came to town. Some say that they were only returning,other's knew nothing about them. That's when Olivia arrived. "Is this true?" Mia glared at the young boy in disappointment. Rodney's eyes went wide and he fidgetted with his hands. "W-well,um, i..yes." Mia kissed Lana's cheek. "Go play inside. Mr. McClain should be in there if you need anything." Lana nodded and grabbed Olivia's hand and dragged her back inside. "Follow me,Rodney." He gulped and did as she said all the way to the office. She knocked in the door for the principal and smiled. "Mister Barakat,we have a student here who needs to talk to you." Jess set down his book and smirked at the little Merrick sat in the chair across from him. "Oh we do,do we?" Rodney shook his head vigorously while Mia nods. "Yes. You should hear what it's about. I have to go back to my class because i'm pretty sure Lee is getting antsy but have fun boys." Mia grinned and walked back. "Okay,sorry-" There was a knock at the door and Mia sighed,walking over to get it. But once she did the whole world stopped. "Holy shi-"

"Alex?" She blinked a million times to see if it was true and was suprised when he didn't disappear. "Who is it,miss Range?" Melanie McClain asks. Mia shook her head and sent a pleading look towards Lee,who nods in understanding. She told him everything about Alex,their situation,the coma and more. Mia quickly pushed Alex further into the hall and shut the door behind her. "W-w-what are you-...why are you-" She kept attempting to string together a complete sentence but never succeded. "I'm here to pick up my daughter.." The word 'daughter' caused her to freeze in her place and her heart to miss it's steady beats. "Daughter?" She whimpers. He bit his lip and nodded. "Olivia Roucco." Mia felt the tears spring to her eyes and a lump form in her throat. "Mia,i thought-...i thought you were dead." She gave a bitter laugh and pushed her hair behind her ears. "Great,so you didn't even bother to ask Jack? Or anyone for that matter? When i woke up, i looked for you. But i guess i could've found you between some girls legs instead of with me. Some 'best friend' you are." She shook her head and looked away from his pleading brown eyes. How could she not see the resemblance when she looked at Olivia before? They had the same nose,same eyes,same smile,and same dimples. Olivia looked like a younger,female version of Alex. "Maria,please don't do tha-" Right on time,Olivia poked her head out. "Miss Range,mister McClain wanted me to-...D-dad?!" Alex smiled brightly down at his daughter and nodded. "Hey,princess." Olivia squealed and ran into him,wrapping her arms around his neck. Alex lifted her up off the ground and kissed her head. "I missed you." Mia nods and walks back inside. She knew that she couldn't handle sitting there and watching that. She felt happy for Olivia because Olivia seemed to really miss him. But she couldn't help but to feel angry and betrayed by Alex. "Okay,guys. The movie i got is Spider-Man."