Showcase (13)

This damn chapter took me forever 😫😪 , you hate me , I lied I know I know spare me , I'm sorry. But the wait is over 😊 and these pov's gone switch a lot so be prepared for that too. And yeah on with the story.
Halloween Party:

L to R : Jhasnine, Desmond, Denise, Legend, Travis & Candice.

Weeks Later: C a n d i c e :

"Are you here yet"

" no, I'm still in Louisiana, I'm almost there "

" ugh!" I groaned becoming impatient, Denise was coming back home, there is a Halloween party tonight and I don't want to show up alone, I just found out my brother is going and I heard legend will be there, I'm going through so many emotions right now I'm freaking out.

" who you dressing up as Alyssa? " I asked changing the subject, hoping to get my mind off things.

" Marilyn Monroe, you?"

" Beyoncé from her ' On The Run Tour '

" ooh that's different, I can't wait to get there this car ride is killing me"

" how's grandma elle?" I asked hopeful that's she's a lot better

" she says she's better, but I don't know how the cancer is"

Grandma elle is probably the most sweetest woman in the world, she always made me feel better when I seen her, she moved to Louisiana to get closer to her own mother because I heard she was dying, after her mom , Dorothy passed , her own life took a turn for the worst, her whole attitude changed she wouldn't eat, she'd get upset and throw things when she remembers that her mom has passed, she has conversations with no one in particular but she'd swear it was her mom.

I truly felt bad for denise, she's really having a tough time and here I am being insensitive and trying to drag her to a party so I won't feel left out. How selfish.

" Denise if you don't want to come to the party you don't have too, we can stay up and watch movies "

" I'll think about it I don't know " she sighed.

I really need to get my priorities together.

P A S C A L I N E :

"Babe what are you doing? " I asked Desmond as I double checked my d.j. bag.

" I'm trynna pick up my phone but these fuckin gloves making it hard."

He complained as he tried countless times to pick up his I phone off the dresser

"Stop before you drop it fork fingers"

I laughed.

" Pas, that shit ain't funny bro."

" it it's tho." I continued to stand there and watch him struggle

He sunt me a glare

" fuck it" he threw his hands up and walked away.

I grabbed my bag and headed into the living room grabbing my phone.

He came around the corner trying to take my phone

" thanks" he said trying to take my phone.

" what you doing, move Des' "

" ain't that my phone"

" uh no "

" I thought you got it for me you seem me struggling "

" key word thought"