Chapter 13

"I'll go get my truck ready if you three want to grab your stuff," Abby said, watching as the woman walked off into the darkness.

"Sounds great," Cara said, moving toward the jet. "It won't take me but a minute."

"More like a second," Ariel said, turning away with a sad grin.

"Give us about ten minutes to secure everything and we'll be along," Trisha said, shaking her head as she watched Cara disappear into the plane. "Some of us don't move at Mach ten."

Abby laughed as she carried her overnight bag toward the parking lot. She gave a small sigh when she felt Zoran's symbiot reach out to her symbioses. She felt his warmth and relief come through. She smiled, happy to be home.

Moving around to the driver's side of the truck, she was just unlocking the door when she felt something behind her. She started to turn when she was pushed up against the side, her arms pinned. She let out a startled scream that quickly turned to a whimper when her arms were pulled painfully back behind her.

"Hush, Abby. I told you I always know where you were," Clay said in a harsh whisper near her ear. "I missed you, baby, even if it was for only one day. I don't like it when you leave."

Abby shivered. Clay's voice sounded different, scary. "Clay, what are you doing? You're scaring me."

Clay slid a pair of handcuffs onto Abby's wrists snapping it tight over the symbiot. "Don't try anything, Abby. I didn't like what you did the other day. I'm going to have to punish you for that."

Abby whimpered again as she felt him pull her head back by her hair. He looked at her neck in the soft glow of the parking lights. "What the hell is that? Who the hell put that mark on you?"

Abby cried out when he pulled her head back even further when she didn't answer him right away. "Zoran. Zoran put his mark on me. I belong to him," Abby whispered.

Clay let out a soft expletive. "Not any longer. You're mine. I've played your fucking game for four fucking years. You're mine, Abby, and when I get done with you, you'll know it."

Abby started to protest when she felt a sharp sting in her neck, and everything went black.

"Hey, Abby. You okay?" Cara asked as she moved toward the truck. "Ariel and Trisha are on their way. It didn't take—" Cara's words died off as she saw Abby crumple against the man.

The man's head jerked up when he heard Cara call out. Pulling a gun from behind him, he aimed it at Cara and pulled the trigger. Cara was already hitting the pavement when a soft pop went off. Within moments, the man picked Abby up and slung her over his shoulder, letting off another round of gunfire as he moved. Cara was rolling toward a golf cart parked nearby. She jumped, startled, when she felt a hand on her arm and let out a small scream.

"Shush. It's me, Carmen," Carmen said, kneeling next to Cara. She looked up when she saw Ariel and Trisha running toward them.

"Shit, what happened?" Trisha said.

"Some asshole waylaid Abby. From the little I was able to gather, he isn't too happy she didn't choose him instead of this Zoran guy. He stuck her with something and has her cuffed. I'm going to follow him. Keep your line open; I might need some backup," Carmen said before running toward a motorcycle hidden in the dark between two hangers.

"We need wheels," Ariel muttered darkly watching as a truck peeled out from the airport. Carmen didn't bother turning on the lights on her bike. She pulled the fast but quiet Yamaha YAF-R1 motorcycle after it, popping up onto one wheel when she floored it.