Chapter 11 New Reality

Reyna

~~~

I squint my eyes and force myself to focus as I drive the truck along the La Push cliffs. Bella is in the middle seat and Jacob next to her. I made it so I had to drive just so I didn't have to sit next to him.

We are on our way back from the dump.

Jacob is studying the grease blackened crankshaft we found there.

"We got lucky at the dump. You know how much a new crankshaft goes for?" Jacob muses excitedly.

"Sure, I spend all my free time on crankshaft-dot-com," Bella snorts sarcastically.

"I think that's a porn site," Jacob remarks and I huff. "These bikes are gonna be rolling soon. Where should we ride first?"

"Someplace sunny," Bella replies.

"Like there's any place sunny around here," Jacob laughs.

"I know a place above the cloud line-" Bella stops short and I instantly know what's she's talking about.

It's the meadow that her and Edward always went to. It was their place.

"Where is it?" Jacob inquires oblivious to her change in mood.

"Actually, it's... too hard to get to," Bella mutters and I use one hand to squeeze her arm in a comforting manner. Jacob gives an easy smile and his optimism saves the day...again.

"So we'll find our sunny spot, right?" Jacob states happily. Bella smiles at him gratefully then glances out the window. My eyes scan the road then shoot to a high cliff.

Four guys and one girl stand on the cliff all shoving each other and rough housing. The Gus all have short cropped hair and wear only shorts while the girl has long hair and wears a sports bra and shorts. She looks oddly familiar.

"Isn't that... Sam Uley?" Bella asks while I focus my gaze on the road.

"And his cult," Jacob adds bitterly. My eyes drift back to the cliff. Suddenly the familiar girl throws a struggling guy off the cliff. I slam the breaks and jump out of the car. My full attention is now on the cliff.

"JADE!" I screech when I realize she's the perpetrator. "WHAT THE HELL?"

Bella runs up next to me looking just as surprised.

"Oh my God! Stop them!" Bella shouts. Jade and the boys don't stop wrestling and I poise to sprint over. Jacobs laughter stops us both.

"They're not really fighting, guys. They're cliff diving," Jacob explains and I sigh in relief. My girlfriends not a murderer.

"What, on purpose?" Bella exclaims while I hold a hand over my quickly beating heart.

"Scary as hell, but a total rush," Jacob adds and Bella looks at the divers intrigued.

I watch with starry eyes as Jade takes a running start and flings herself into the air. She does a flip before perfectly diving into the water.

Watching her makes me totally forget about Jacob. Watching her dive was totally hot.

"Most of us jump from lower down," Jacob remarks.

"Think I could?" Bella asks casually.

"Man, first motorcycles, now cliff diving?"

"You said it was a rush."