Chapter 20 End

Reyna

Reyna

~~~

A knock came on Alula's door two hours after the screams stopped.

"Coming," Alula chimes and opens the door. Jane and Alec stand on the other side. I seize up and stand completely still. I can almost feel Alec's fangs in my neck again. "Hello master and mistress, please come in."

Jane pecks Alula on the lips and steps in. Alec does the same as he enters. I raise an eyebrow and Alula blushes.

"Aro has granted you a phone to call your father and explain to him that you are staying here till August," Jane says and hands me a flip phone.

"I also wish to apologize for biting you earlier, I don't know what came over me," Alec adds sheepishly.

"Thank you," I say in a flat voice.

"Aro also wished to inform you dinner is at seven sharp follow by drinks and dancing," Jane remarks casually. "After dancing and drinks I will show you where you will be staying." With that Jane and Alec each peck Alula again and leave.

"What just happened?" I ask in surprise.

"The Volturi show affection very freely with me," Alula answers and shrugs. "I can't say I mind."

There's a beat of silence where I fiddle with the phone.

"Here I'll leave you to call your dad and sister. If you need anything I'll be down the hall," Alula murmurs and quietly walks out. I inhale deeply and dial dads number.

He picks up after the third ring.

"Hello who is this?" he asks gruffly.

"Dad it's me, it's Reyna," I say and tears start rolling down my cheeks.

"Reyna?! Where are you? Where's Bella? What the hell happened?!" dad exclaims and I bite my lip.

"Dad Bella and I-we went to Italy because there was this thing with Edward. Bella is heading back now with him actually," I reply in a small voice. I feel like such a kid right now, I just want my daddy to fix this.

"Italy!? Wait why aren't you coming back?!"

"Dad I uh needed a change of scenery. I couldn't stand to be in Forks anymore...too much reminded me of Jade. So I'm staying here for the summer," I lie and wipe the incoming tears. Jade would be so angry with me if she was still alive.

"Then why not go to live with your mom for the summer? Why run to Italy?"

"Dad I just didn't want to see all the pitying looks. I'm at a place were no one knows who I am. Just let me do this dad. I'll be okay."