Chapter Nine - Under the Radar

My eyes opened up to the afternoon light. Thank God for weekends, they grant salvation from every long week of school. As the room came into focus, something felt out of place. A figure sat in a chair next to my bed.

"Hi, lovely," said Naomi as she gazed down at me casually.

"Holy crap!" I jumped from the shock and almost fell off the bed. "What the hell Naomi, you scared the daylights out of me!" "What are you doing in here?"

"My bad. I just came over to hangout with you now that I'm feeling better, but you were still sleeping so I just decided to chill here and wait for you to wake up," she said innocently.

I took a moment to catch my breath and couldn't help feeling a little creeped out. The thought of someone, even my best friend, sitting and watching me sleep made me uncomfortable.

"Okay, next time, just wake me up when you get here because that freaked me out." I threw off the covers and crawled out of bed. Then I found myself clamped in a bear hug.

"I'm sorry love. I didn't mean to scare you. Forgive me?" Naomi asked sincerely, while squeezing me tightly.

"Of course, it's no biggie. Sit down and relax, 'cause I have some big news to tell you."