Chapter 3: Trouble In The Office

"Now, tell me the truth, Pines. What were you doing inside the women's bathroom?"

"I told you, I was looking for my sister and she happened to be inside the restroom!! We had a little talk after that" I explained to the buff-looking teacher for the hundredth time. The teacher slammed his hands on the table heavily and wore a very aggressive expression. "I FIND THAT VERY HARD TO BELIEVE, DIPPER PINES! NOW, SPILL THE BEANS OR I'LL-"

Like a save by the bell, a knock on the door interrupted our heated argument and as it opened, my mouth curled up into a smile. "MABEL!" I called with pure happiness and relief. "Dipper! There you are! I've been looking all over for you!". She looked at the enraged teacher and back to me. "Let me guess, you were caught?" she said as she smugly hid her grin.

I rolled my eyes and fumed. "Well duh, why else would I be in the guidance office? Now hurry up and help me!!". "Only if you treat me lunch~" she whispered. "Are you kidding me?! The lunch here is-". "I won't help you then~" she sadistically sang. Jesus, since when did my sister turned into a vicious asshole? Irritated, I gave up. "Okay okay, fine!! I'll treat you lunch!" I whispered loud enough for her to hear.

She clapped her hands in delight and wore the most convincing smile to the teacher. Hopefully, he didn't hear any of our conversation because if he did, Mabel's persuasion wouldn't work.

"Sir, my brother is telling the truth! It's entirely my fault. Something happened in the classroom and I ran away. But thankfully, my dear 'beloved' brother came and brought me back. It just so happens that the girl was there so basically, everything was just a whole big misunderstanding! I really am sorry, Mr. Schmit" she explained.

The buff-looking teacher, who is so called 'Mr. Schmit', rubbed his chin and began thinking deeply. He glanced at Mabel with doubt for a second before asking "Are you telling the truth?". Mabel looked at him straight in the eyes and wore the most serious expression ever. "One hundred percent sure, Mr. Schmit" she said with pure determination.

He sighed and stood up from his office chair. "Fine, you're dismissed" he gave up. I secretly fist bumped with my sister and grinned, mouthing a thanks. I looked at the teacher one last time before going out and I swear I heard: "I'm watching you...". I know, it's creepy. I could even feel shivers running down my spine.

As we left the office, I let out all the anger and anxiety that I've held in this whole time and smiled at Mabel. "Hey, thanks for backing me up". "You're still treating me lunch". "-And you're still a bitch" I grumbled. "Yeah, the bitch who saved your tiny ass" she said as a come-back. "I appreciate your compliment on my butt" I sarcastically said. "You're welcome".

As we walked to the classroom, I awkwardly glanced at Mabel and fidgetted. "So uhh.. You okay now?" I asked. She turned to me and smiled. "Now that I know you're treating me lunch, of course I am!". "Would you PLEASE give that up?" I groaned. "Not unless I know you're serious~" she sang. "Yeah yeah yeah, I'm serious..." I said as I waved my hand around, not in the mood to argue with Mabel.

I opened the door and saw Pacifica staring down on her desk with her eyes wide open. She looked as if she was in shock or something. In concern, I approached her and bent down to her level. I was in shock to see her tears flowing down from her eyes.

"Pacifica? What's wrong?". I realized it wasn't my voice, it was Mabel's. She kneeled down next to the blonde and placed her hand on her shoulder. Pacifica rejected her comfort as she slapped Mabel's hand off her skin. "What do you losers care?! Go away!!" she shouted with a shaky voice.

"Pacifica, we can't just-". "JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!" she cut me off while clenching her fist tightly. At this point, we realized there was nothing we could do but give her some space. "Okay, fine. Just- please cheer up" I said. I grabbed the knob and opened the door. I was just about to leave when I noticed that Mabel wasn't with me. "Mabel, aren't you coming?". Mabel looked at me with sadness and shook her head. "I'll catch up with you later". I nodded and looked at Pacifica one last time before leaving the two alone in the classroom.