Chapter 8: Curiosity Killed The Cat

{A/N: i shouldn't have made a promise. im so sorry. pls put the pitchforks down ;-;}

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Bill Cipher's POV

I ran through the green fields as fast as I can on the way to the shack. I tripped on my way but it didn't stop me from getting back up on my feet and run again. As I saw the familiar red shack coming into my view, I began running faster than before.

'Please still be there...' I thought inside my head. When I finally reached the front porch step, I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. I waited for God knows how long and when the door opened, it revealed the owner of the mystery shack, Stan.

My hands started trembling in fear as he looked at me straight in the eyes. He definitely hates me. I mean, why wouldn't he? After what I did to Dipper? There's no way anybody would forgive me for what I've done. Especially with what I did to him.

There's no way out of this. If I run away now, nothing will be accomplished. If I don't do this, there's no doubt I'll regret it afterwards. I won't be able to see him again if I stop now...

I gulped down my anxiety and placed a brave look on my face. "Can I please see Dipper?" I tried to speak without stuttering. I waited, but all I received was silence. 'Maybe he didn't hear me?'. Just as I was about to repeat my question, he cut me off.

"You're too late..."

My eyes widened. Maybe I didn't hear him right. "Mister Stan, wha-". "I said it's too late. He's gone". "W-When will he come back?" I stuttered, feeling my heart beat faster by the minute.

Another silence.

"When will he come back...?" I repeated.

"........"

I balled my hand into a fist and clenched it.

"Mister Stan, I asked when will he come back?" I said solidly.

".............."

Out of nowhere, I just suddenly lost all my control. I burst into tears. I tried to hold it in but I failed miserably. I gripped his shirt and looked at him desperately to get the answers out of his mouth but he wouldn't even look at me in the eyes.

"MISTER STAN, I'M ASKING YOU WHEN WILL HE COME BACK?!?" I shouted on the top of my lungs to the point that my voice cracked. I still waited for an answer, looking at his blank eyes. He sighed and finally spoke.

"He's never coming back" he plainly said before leaving me completely speechless. His twin brother, Mister Ford, suddenly appeared infront of me and gave me a face that seemed to resemble pity. "He just left this morning. Don't worry, he's fine. Just leave everything to us. Please do us a favor and leave my nephew and my family alone. Thank you for everything you've done. Now-"

"Is he really never coming back...?" my mouth just moved on its own. Mister Ford didn't answer immediately. He tried to think of something to respond with but when he finally found the words he needed, I felt my whole world collapse in just a second.

"You were too late, kid. Forget about my nephew and move on"

It was then he closed the door. Everything was just too much to process and it definitely left my body frozen. I stared at the door, memorizing every detail on it as if it was going to be the last time I'll ever face this door.