Chapter 7: Suspicions

Dipper's POV

Mabel's been acting strange lately. Ever since yesterday, she hasn't been herself. During breakfast, she was just silent the whole time. Usually she would be chirpy early in the morning but surprisingly, she was actually sluggish when she woke up. Plus, she's been yawning alot when clearly, if I remember correctly, we slept at the same time.

Sometimes I would see her staring into nothing. She would always look like she's in deep thought and when I asked her about it, she just shook her head and said it was nothing.

This morning on our way to school, she was walking behind me. I know it seems like it's nothing unusual but she always walks next to me, never on the back or front.

When we arrived school, she immediately left my side and ditched me for Bill. Okay, now this was ABSOLUTELY weird. Just yesterday, she hated his guts and was so ready to kill him but now she's with him talking casually?

I know I should be happy that they're actually getting along but this was just odd. I don't know what makes it different but it just is. Something's telling me that there's something wrong here.

Even in class, she's acting differently. Whenever I would try to make a conversation with Bill, she would interrupt us until we decide to end our chit chat. What's even weird is that Mabel asked me if I could switch seats with her when obviously, I know that Mabel hates sitting on a seat that's not assigned to her. Now that she's in the middle of Bill and I, her face seems to look like she's satisfied with her work.

After the class before lunch was done, I was about to ask Mabel if she could join me for lunch but when I turned around, they were already gone. And by 'they', I meant 'Mabel and Bill'. Mabel must've pulled him along with her. Poor guy.

I sighed knowing that I'll be eating my meal alone. 'Atleast my wallet's safe now' I thought on the bright side. I first went to the cafeteria to buy a lemon bread and then looked for a spot to sit on. Seeing that the cafeteria was crowded and there were no available tables left, I decided to eat at the school rooftop. 'Crowd isn't really my thing anyway'.

When I reached the top of the school, I sat down on the cold floor and let the sky's breeze embrace me. I started eating the bread that I just bought and began thinking deeply to myself.

What's up with Mabel? She's been avoiding me all morning and it's not the first time she's done this. She even skipped joining me for lunch! I mean, I would've understood if she told me she didn't want to eat with me but the thing is, she didn't say a single word! She just straight-up ditched me!

Plus, she's been hanging out with this 'Bill' guy lately. Whenever I'd try to talk to that guy, she'd just cut me off and talk to him instead. It's hella weird, I tell you.

Then in just one snap, everything made sense. I can't believe I'm so stupid. Why didn't I realize this earlier?

She's fucking IN LOVE with BILL!!

It practically explains everything-- Her avoiding me and sticking to Bill all the time, it all made sense!! The reason why she avoided me all morning was because she was jealous of me! I took Bill all to myself yesterday and look at where it took me: Now, she's ignoring me all day.

What the heck am I still doing here? I should be there supporting her! As a brother of Mabel Pines, I am ashamed that I did not realize that she was in love. Now, I'm gonna make it up to her. I'll do my best to keep the new guy and Mabel together!

I ran over to where Mabel could possibly be and my guess was right. She was at the school's backyard between the two buildings with Bill. I knew she was here because this is the only place I know where it has the most quiet area. Plus, this is where couples usually go when they need privacy. After all, PDA isn't really allowed in this school.