Chapter 4

The following Monday I walked into my Sociology class with my head down. I sat in the back next to my bestfriend, Tara. "Hey girl, why do you look so upset? You're usually flirting with some chick." "Um, just stuff has been going one with me." I looked up at Alaska as I said that. "What? Did you find the 'One' and she turn you down?" I looked back at Tara,"yeah." Tara's face turned into shock.

I turned away from her to see Alaska looking at me. She had sad eyes. I ignored her and turned to stare at the board up front. Alaska stood up and started teaching. I never once looked at her while she was teaching. The next two hours went by as slow as molasses. When she finally let everyone go I tried to run out, but she called my name.

I walked over to her never looking up from the ground. "Rose, look at me," she sighed heavily. I lifted my head up, looking into her eyes for the first time in the last two hours. "I'm sorry Rose. I never meant to hurt you. I just can't risk my job, I need the money for my daughter and me."

"I know Alaska, it's just hard. For the first time I don't just want to have sex and leave before the morning comes. I want to get to know you, everything about you. I also want to get to know your amazing daughter. I want to take you home to my family and show you off. Alaska, for me this is not just a fling. I feel something real. I understand you though, I know you have bigger things to think about than some student."

"You're not just 'some student' to me Rose. You are special, but at this moment in time, you are my student. Over the summer maybe something can happen, but I also can't let my daughter get attached to you. I always have to think of her. She's already been asking about you and you've only met three days ago."

"I understand Alaska. I'll leave you and your daughter alone. The only time we talk will be school related."

After that we walked to her office because another professor had to use the lecture hall. When we entered the office we took our normal seats across from each other and went to work. At random times I would stop and just look at her. Her blonde hair curled around her shoulders, her gray eyes focused on the task at hand, her cute nose scrunched up while she was concentrating. Everything about her was beyond gorgeous.

After staring at her for five minutes she looked up and caught me. I blushed while turning my head. Alaska giggled and I just about died. I know this is cliché, but her laugh is the best noise I have ever heard. How am I suppose to sit here and not fall in love with her? She is the definition of perfect. I went back to grading after staring into space for a few minutes.

Once my session was over with her, I decided to text Tara to see what she was doing this Friday.

Tara: There's a party at a football players place. Wanna go?

Me: Sure, I guess. Though I'll be the DD this time.

Tara: Sweet, I was hoping to get drunk then lucky. xD

Me:You don't need to get drunk to get lucky girl.

Tara: Whatever, anyways my lecture is starting talk to you later.

Me: Later girl.

After that I went to my car and drove home. For the rest of the week Alaska and I acted as if we never kissed or had any type of connection. It really hurt me. Friday night came and I got dressed in black skinny jeans, black t-shirt, with a white leather jacket and white vans. I met up with Tara at the party house.

Tara and I danced the night away with her drinking shot after shot. At one point I went to the kitchen for a water. I retrieved one from the fridge and opened it. As I was walking out of the kitchen a big football player bumped into me. "Sorry." "It's whatever" I replied. I walked away and took a sip of my drink. After ten or so minutes my head started to get fuzzy. I took another step and almost fell, but big bulky arms caught me.

The person carried me into a room. He set me down (I am assuming it's a he) and laid on top of me. He took off my clothes with me trying to fight him, but I was to weak. Finally my mind shut down and I became unconscious.  

Please Vote and Comment what y'all think