Chapter 6

I have been in the hospital for another week until my doctor told me I could go home. The only thing about going home is I have to have someone stay with me. My body still isn't fully recovered and with me keeping the baby I can not stress my body.

My mother volunteered Alaska. I tried to tell her it was okay and I could just stay at my parents. But that didn't work, so at this moment Alaska is driving us to my apartment with Ava asleep in the back seat.

"Alaska what happened with the jock?"

"The school expelled him and your father used his power as the city's DA to have him put into prison."

"Oh."

"It'll be okay, sweetie. He can't hurt you anymore."

I didn't say anything after that, I just watched the world go by as we got closer to my apartment.

Once we entered my home, Ava ran to the guest room because my mom and Alaska's mom brought all of Ava's toys and things.

I turned to Alaska and smiled. "You do realize you'll never be able to get your daughter to leave here?"

"Oh shush, I already told her we'll only be here for the summer then we are moving back in with my mom."

I just stared at her. "What if my the end of summer I dont want you to leave?"

"We'll see, Rose."

I smiled then hobbled my way to Ava's room. "What are you doing, Little One? "

"I'm playing with my race cars!"

That's one thing I love about Ava and Alaska. Alaska will buy her daughter any toy she wants even if they are said to be "boy's toys." Ava just loves toys and will play not caring if her girl friends say that's not okay. There is no gender on toys and Alaska is showing her daughter that. I know when I have my child I'll do the same.

"Can I play with you?"

"Yes!"

I sat down next to her and played with her for about an hour while Alaska cooked dinner. I looked over when I felt eyes staring at me, to see Alaska smiling at us. "Hey sweetie."

She smiled wider and said "dinner's done."

"Okay, come on, Little One."

We stood up and walked to my dining room table. Alaska made us spaghetti. As we were eating Ava talked about how she was excited to live here with me. I smiled and told her I was too.

It was 8 o'clock so Alaska and I put Ava to bed. We walked back out into the living room.

"Thanks for staying here with me. I don't think I could last if I stayed with my mom instead."

"I'm glad I did and I know Ava is too."

I smiled at the thought of Ava. "I love that little girl."

"She loves you too, Rose. So you have a doctor's appointment for the baby in two weeks."

"Oh okay."

"Rose it'll be okay. I'll be there with you if you want."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I leaned over on the couch and kissed her. She kissed me back putting her hands on my neck. I opened my mouth to swipe my tongue across her bottom lip. She opened her mouth and allowed me to take control.

I stood up and grabbed her hand taking her to my bedroom. "Rose we are not having sex."

"What? Oh no I didn't mean to bring you in here for that. I am tired and I wanna cuddle."

She blushed, "oh."

I laid down in my bed bringing her with me. I pulled her head onto my chest and started to play with her hair. I kissed her head and said, "I could get use to this."

She hummed. I think she's falling asleep. After five minutes her breathing was steady and slow. I feel asleep listening to her.

Thanks for reading. I hope you vote and comment! It means the world when you do. Have a good day or night y'all. Message me if you ever need or want to talk!