Ch. 1 You're late!

Bellamy rolled out of bed and stumbled sleepily to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. He looked at the time on the stove 10:22 am. He took a sip of his coffee then his eyes bulged. "Miller!!! Get the hell out of bed you're late!!!" He ran to his best friend's room they had an apartment together and both went to the same college so it made sense to be roommates. He shoved Miller who was still sleeping. "Get up you're late!"

Miller sat up and rubbed his face. "What the hell man... Oh shit!!!" He started to get dressed and Bellamy handed him a coffee on his way out and scooped off the beanie he was still wearing. It sort of clashed with the light grey suit and didn't look good for the first day of his new job. Bellamy rolled his eyes.

"Love you man see ya later! Wish me luck!" Miller shouted over his shoulder.

Bellamy rolled his eyes. "Good luck! Your gonna need it!"

Miller jumped in his car and drove to his new office across town. It was a desk job but he needed it. He got there 10 minutes later.

"You're late!" The secretary at the front desk said.

"Uhh... Yeah I'm sorry there was traf-" Miller began to say.

"No there wasn't." she said annoyed.

Liked huffed. "Look can you just tell me where to go?"

"Third floor cubicle 42" she said shortly.

Miller nodded at her and went up. They were not happy to see he was so late and made him work extra hours. After his shift his boss came over to him and told him that he would be payed for the day but would no longer be working there. 'They knew they were going to fire me the minute I walked in here!' He thought. 'Fucking hell!' He called Bellamy.

"They made me work the whole day then fired me! You know what?!? I need a drink meet me at the dropship!" He hung up the phone before Bellamy got a word in.

The dropship was their favorite bar. Their friend from high school, Murphy worked there as the bartender and would always give them bigger shots and sneak them free drinks when he could.

Miller met up with Bellamy and they got super drunk that night dancing and grinding on everyone on the dance floor. Eventually Miller needed a break and went to the bar. He swung his leg over a bar stool. There was a cute boy sitting next to him sipping a beer.

"Looks like you've been having fun." The guy chuckled taking another swig from the dark bottle.

Miller laughed and ordered a beer himself. "I got tanked after the first day today at work." He said.

"That's rough man. I'm Bryan." He said.

"Miller." They shook hands. " He turned around and pointed into the crowd. "See that guy grinding on the girl in the pink dress?"

"Yeah?" Bryan asked raising an eyebrow both amused and concerned.

Miller laughed. "That's my roommate and best friend Bellamy."

"Hey what's your phone number?" Bryan asked as casually as he could.

"What?" Miller slurred.

Bryan just laughed. "Here just give me your phone I'll put my number in there then text myself."

Miller pulled his phone out of his back pocket and unlocked it with his finger print. He was still not fulling understanding the situation. The screen was smashed but the finger scanner still worked. He handed it to Bryan and took another swig of his beer. A few seconds later he heard the guy's phone ping.

Murphy came over. "Alright bud. Your shit faced drunk. You're cut off." He took Miller's beer and took a sip himself. "Bellamy is a few drinks in too, you guys can't drive home." He said.

Bryan spoke up. "I can drive them. This is my first tonight."

Murphy nodded. "Okay but be careful that's precious cargo."

"Shut up and give me my beer back!" Miller groaned.

Murphy looked to Bryan. "I'll help you get them into the car."

Bryan helped Miller and Murphy dragged Bellamy away from some brunette.

"I didn't take my car I'll just drive theirs." Bryan said.

"You better not be kidnapping them or I swear to god." Murphy warned.

"It's okay man I'm just giving them a hand. I'll get them to call you in the morning." He said.

Murphy handed him the keys. "Alright. They live at 100 Arcadia street. Fifth floor apartment 550."

They drove off and Bryan got them inside when he realized he didn't have a car to get back.

"Dude just stay here." Bellamy waved to him as he walked into his room. Miller had already disappeared into his room.

"You sure?" Bryan asked.

"Yeah, yeah." Bellamy nodded. "Here's a blanket." He tossed a wool red blanket at Bryan who caught it easily.

Miller woke up first in the morning and stalked into the kitchen and saw the guy from last night asleep on the couch. "Shit."