7

The weekend comes sooner than I thought as I get out of my bed and get ready. I look in the mirror to see how my outfit looked. I tuck my pink top more into the black band on my white shirt as I turn slightly to see how the back of it looks. I smile once satisfied with my outfit as I put on my black heels, grabbing my purse along with my phone. I walk down stairs grab a granola bar, grabbing my car keys on my way out the door. I walk down the driveway and get into my white car, starting up my car for the first time here I pull out of the driveway. I type in google maps where Hood corp is and follow the directions all the way to the building.
I park my car and get out to see a gigantic building  tall enough to almost reach the clouds. I walk into the building and follow what Calum told me as I walk past the front desk and straight into the elevator. I press the button for the very first door and the door closes, every second that passes I grow more and more nervous to be in this building. The door dings before opening, I take a breath before walking down a long hallway towards a large door.

       I take a deep breath before knocking on the door, "Come in," Calum says through the other side of the door.

     "Good morning, Calum," I greet him smiling.

     "Good morning," he smiles from behind his desk. He stands up and walks over to me, handing a list to me, "These are just some common things I need done, once you finish tell me. For now I'll be at a meeting, if you need help ask Grace at the front desk," he says before walking out of the room.

     Written down on the to do list is: Make 25 copies of a paper on the desk, get french vanilla coffee from the Starbucks nearby and put it on the desk, and lastly to call the number 675-234-4213 to tell Mr. Parkers it's a no to the deal. I walk over to the desk and grab the paper sitting right in the center before looking around the room for a printer. I finally see the printer in the corner and walk over, pressing the button to copy the paper 25 times. I put the papers on his desk before walking to the Starbucks a building over. I order his coffee and stand right by the pick up as I wait for it. The door dings as somebody walks in, my head turns to see Luke. I give him a small wave, but he just blankly looks at me before turning around and walking out the door.

     A frown forms on my face as the lady calls my name, "Thanks," I smile grabbing the coffee. I walk out the door to see Luke sitting against the wall with his hands in his hair, "What's wrong Lukey?" i ask crouching next to him.

     "Nothing," he mumbles grumpily.

    I sigh standing up, "See you later Luke," I give him a small smile before walking back to the building. I give a small smile to the girl I'm guessing is Grace as I pass by her desk and into the elevator. I press the button for the top floor and wait yet again as it goes up. The door opens and I make my way down the hall again and into his office. I place the coffee down onto his desk away from the copies I made as I grab the phone, calling the number he wrote down.

The phone rings a few times before there's an answer," Hello, Mr.Hood."

"Um, this is his assistant calling to tell you it's a no for the deal," I play with my lip as I hope he doesn't ask any questions.

"Okay, goodbye," he says shortly before ending the call.

I walk out of his office and back down the elevator, heading towards the front desk.

     I stand there for a few seconds before she looks up from her computer, "May I help you?"

     "Where Calum at right now?" I ask.

     She gives me an annoyed look, "You mean Mr.Hood? He's in the meeting room on second highest level."

     "Thanks," I mumble turning around back to the elevator. I make my way up again and walk down another hallway before seeing double doors.