10

A week later the day has finally come. The day I hoped that would never come so soon, today is the day of Father's funeral. I open my eyes and they sting from all of the tears I've cried, in one quick movement I sit up and get out of bed. Grabbing a pair of underwear and one of my bras I make my way to the bathroom, quickly I jump in and out of the shower. I throw on my bra and underwear before walking back into my room and pulling on a pair of my spandex. I look out of my window and see the back of Luke's head as he strums his guitar. I turn back around and get out my black dress from my closet and toss it on along with my black heels. I go back to the bathroom and do my hair and makeup, I take a step back and look at myself. Too big of a nose, weird, misshaped lips, a few pimples here and there, I sigh and walk out of the bathroom and back into my room to grab my phone.

I walk down the hall and look down at my wrist to see the red lines. I turn back and go to my room to grab my black bracelet, slipping it over my hand I close my door and walk back down the hall. Just as I reach the bottom of the stairs a car horn honks in my driveway. I walk out of the house and towards Luke's car I open up the door and plop down onto the passenger's seat.

"Thanks for driving me," I say not meeting his eyes as I buckle my seatbelt.

"No problem. If you ever need to talk I'll be here," he says patting my leg with his hand, making an unusual feeling fill my stomach.

"T-Thanks," I say getting nervous for some reason.

The rest of the car ride is filled with silence, well apart from a Nirvana song Luke is playing called Lithium. I've just recently been starting to get into more and more bands, along with buying more and more band merch. We finally arrive to the funeral home and my body feels tense as I get out of the car and make way into the building with Luke following behind. I shakily grab the door handle and walk into the building, looking around I see Father's casket. I'm greeted by an elderly woman, but I just look her way for a moment before walking over to Father and just staring down at him.

"You didn't deserve to leave yet," I whisper a tear rolling down my cheek, "I don't know what I'm going to do without you, Daddy," I cry a hand rests onto my shoulder and I look up and see it's Luke. Immediately I wrap my arms around him and cry into his chest, "T-This isn't f-fair," I hiccup.

"Shhh, it's hard to let go, but you're going to have to at some point," he whispers into my ear slowly rocking us side to side.

"I-I'm not ready to be alone, Luke," I hold onto him harder.

He rubs my back as he continues to hug me, "You won't be alone, I'll be there for you," he pulls away from the hug, but still holds my waist, "okay?" I nod my head before giving one more hug.

"Miss, would you like to see the video that was arranged?" the woman asks. I nod my head and she leads us over to a t.v, popping in a disk the soft tune of Moonlight Sonata begins to play as pictures of Father show up on the screen. By the end of the video I'm full on sobbing, seeing how well it captured Father and all of the old memories. I excuse myself to go to the bathroom and I look in the mirror to see myself with puffy red eyes. Taking a few deep breaths I calm down before firing up my makeup and walking back out to greet all that have come in so far.

A couple of hours later the funeral comes to an end as a few men lift Father up and into a hearse. Everybody follows behind in their cars as I just sit in Luke's car just wanting to go home. I tuck my knees up to my chin and look up to see Luke walking my way. He sits in the driver's seat beside me, "Are you going to the burial."

I shake my head no, "I can't take this anymore," I whisper as my voice cracks.

He nods his head, "Sit normally, okay," I sit up normally and stare out the window until we arrive home.