Entry #36

Entry #36

-*We were walking around town window shopping. I sat on the curb taking a break since we were both pretty exhausted. 14 year old Tim followed and sat down next to me. Shortly after I leaned my head on his heaving shoulder. "We should've brought water huh?" He laughed a little. "Probably." I played with his boney fingers and frowned. He was so skinny, I'm surprised he could even hold himself up.

"How do you feel about your dad getting out of prison?" I sat up and looked at the ground while Tim continued. "I know you don't want to but you need to talk about it. I care about you... a lot actually and you need to talk about it. Talk to me." I looked at Timothy until my eyes turned to fear. I scooted away from him and scrambled to my feet not being able to say anything.

Timothy looked at me in confusion before his head was slammed to the ground. I gasped and started to shake. "Dad.. Daddy stop." I whispered. My father started towards me but was stopped by Tim grabbing his leg, tripping him. "Lauran GO!" I stared at my poor Timothy looking at the sky, hands coming up to cover his face while he curled into a ball. I turned and ran, hearing my dad's foot repeatedly hitting Tim and his cries of pain haunting me the farther I got.*