Entry #34

Entry #34

-I've been in my room all night and haven't left since I overheard Cody and Margeret. My door's been locked ever since last night and I haven't glanced at it once. I know damn well they heard me stomp up the stairs last night. I laid on the floor, staring at the ceiling while easily ignoring the repetitive knocks on my door. The door knob shook a little before I even noticed it opening.

"Get out." I said calmly. I didn't have enough energy to scream and cry anymore. "Lauran please we need to talk." I cringed at Cody's words. I've been waiting for him to talk to me but definitely not about this. "I said get out Cody." As I said that I sat up, noticing Margeret walk in. "Unique, we just want to talk and be here for you." I laughed at her words. "You? Be here for me? If you wanted to be here for me you would've took me to see my brother instead of letting me believe he was dead for 3 years. 3 YEARS MARGERET!" She looked at me with guilt in her eyes and left the room.

"Oh c'mon don't blame this on her. I told her not to tell you, okay?" At this point my blood was boiling. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! MY LIFE WAS HELL CODY!" He yelled back, not letting me talk him down. "YOUR LIFE WAS HELL? WHAT ABOUT MINE?!" He laughed sarcastically. "What about Tim, huh?" I held my lips tightly together trying not to cry.

"Don't you dare bring him up. He has nothing to do with this." He stared at me in disbelief. "Really? Cause when he died you were only thinking about YOURSELF! Exactly what you're doing now. He was beat everyday and still put a smile on. He didn't ask for help, he didn't even show he needed help cause he wanted to be there for YOU and ONLY you! And you still felt the nerve to blame him and be mad. You were upset you couldn't help him. In reality, you couldn't help me. You couldn't even help yourself Lauran. Stop putting the blame on other people and I know it'll be hard, but don't make everyones lives about you. For once, let me be happy."

And with that he left the room, leaving me on the floor to think... in silence.