Chapter Four: Trouble

"Um, hello Dad," He wasn't supposed to be home yet! He was supposed to be checking on a supposed demon posession in Indianna.

    "Who was that? That boy-"

    "James Pond. Nothing special. I was walking home from school, it started raining, so he offered me a ride. You know, so I didn't have to walk TEN MILES to come home to make dinner. I wanted to have it ready before you got home, but apparently, you were planning on not allowing that." Why he always wanted every detail of things, I would never understand. 

    "Well why have I not heard of this biy before?" My father asks expectantly.

    "Since when do you hear about class mates of mine if they are not paranormally pr criminally connected?"

    "It would would serve you well to not take that tone with me-"

    "Sorry Dad, it has ben a long day. He is new ti town, anyways."

   "Is something wrong? You look like-"

My little sister walked into the room, to grab her cup of apple juice, before I could warn him of language. "Crap, not that kind of language in front of her-"

    "I know, I am working on it," he groans.

    "How does a fight with a werewolf sound like for a first day of school?"

    "Oh! Was that at school?!"

    "No, it was by the woods, right before the thunderstorm was starting up."

    "Did the Pond kid see it?!"

    "I don't think so, I hid the body quickly. Is there a bad smell in the house or something?'

    "No, why?"

   "No reason. But I have three tests tomorrow, so I need ot study-"

    "Already? But tomorrow is the second day of school!"

    "It is to see what we know, need to learn, you know-"

    "Oh, well see you later. Thanks for dinner."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PHONE CALL WITH BETHANY:

    "So what happened after the epic werewolf-Ellen showdown? You need to start catching this stuff on film or something, because I keep mssing out!"

Amidst our giggling: "Well, we talked about music, the weather, homework, that kind of stuff-"

    "Really? That's it?"

    "Yeah, pretty much. But when I got home, somehow my dad was there before me. He kept asking me things about why he hadn't heard of James before, which he wouldn't have, because he is new to town."

    "Weird. I know parents are usually like that, but your dad takes the cake, easy."

   "How reassuring, haha. But that isn't the weirdest part! My dad kep referring to him as 'That Pond kid.' He scrunched up his nose every time he said the name Pond, but it was completely involuntary."

    "WIERDDDD!" Beth chimed in a sing-song tone, "Well I have to go, My dad is calling me. His words carry the stench of 'Chore Time,' ugh! Well see you later, Cross"

    "Same to you Beth-" We always changed our farewells, just for the fun of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------