Chapter Sixteen: Spin the Bottle, Principal Wrillen

"No you can't come with!" My father shouts at each of us. We have discovered only one person can go through this special portal, the one that could lead to my little brother.

    "At least let us figure out a way around the blocking spell so that at least one person can go with you!"

    "No, Ellen. Cas will send me through, and the rest of you will wait in the office. Joe will return to the school office with you all in a few hours."

    "What is he doing, anyways?" Bethany asks.

    "Gathering more possible reinforcements, just in case." With that, he runs toward the gymnasium of our high school, leaving us all dumfounded in the halls. That is, all of us except Castiel. He bends down and pecks me on the cheek, with a wicked wink before whirling around to follow my father.

    I hear James growl, low and deep, just as Daryl groans.

    -------------------------------------------------------

    "And why on earth is 'spin the bottle' the first competition the three of you have to gain Ellen's hand in date-ship?" Bethany inquiries our male teen counterparts, while I try to decide if I should laugh or vomit at the thought of these ridiculously daft feats these unbelievably attractive boys think will get me to choose between the three of them.

    Then again . . . all three are unbelievably attractive guys my age . . .

    Nope! I should NOT be thinking like this! My father could already be dead, and my brother could have been, ages ago.

    "Ooh! I have the bottle!" Daryl practically clucks as he fishes a more than slightly crushed water bottle from a blue recycling bin from the doorway of the geometry classroom. Now it is my turn to groan.

    "Bethany, you do realize that most couples do this thing with their mouths-"

    "Oh my God, shut up!" Beth cuts James off, flinching in disgust. I wouldn't want to imagine my crush making out with my best friend, either.

    "Ok, I am so not doing this-" I start to say, as Cas catches up to us.

   "Oof, I came back to soon! You two were supposed to calm her down for spin the bottle-"

    "Yeah, I got that, Castiel," I glare daggers at him. Lines have become so blurred between the guy I had always considered my best non-Bethany friend and myself. Could I even call him a friend right now? He certainly wanted to be more than that.

    "Please play, Ellen!" James teases. "Bethany could play, too."

    Cue Beth's inevitable blush. I swear, she was seven shades of red I hadn't previously known existed.

    "Eh, Beth doesn't have it in her to do this sort of thing," Cas teases her, going just a little too far.

    So we let our female pride show, immediately linking arms and moving to sit around Secretary Donnelley's desk, immediately claiming the only to swivel chairs in the office area. What else would we do in the face of teen peer pressure? Even though we probably could have kicked supernatural butt, instead of getting sucked into hormonally based games . . .

    "Ooh, who spins first?" James asks, unwisely.

    "I will spin for Beth, because she is probably the only one who hasn't played, besides Cas." Not a true statement . . . Cas probably hasn't played but may have used our internet to find out how the game works. Myself? Never played either, but Beth and I have watched T.V. together, so we know the gist.