Chapter Five: Solving Dilemmas . . . Or Creating More . . .

"Dad!" I yelped as he came out of the house in a robe and slippers. He clutched a Pistol in one hand, pointing it at Castiel, and a flashlight in the other, which was aimed in my face, blinding me.

    "What are you doing? And why do we have the ruler of the fairy murderers?!" He refused to believe that the Fey were not all evil. He had first met a few convicts amongst the Fey, so of course they were not gooing to make a first good impression for their race. "Why would you bring such scum into our home?!?!"

    "Castiel came of his own accord, to warn us of-"

    "I wished to warn such valiant and brave hunters as yourselves of the new dangers lurking in the forests of your town," CAstiel cuts me off to suck-up to my father with a low bow.

    "Ellen, I have no desire to listen to It's poisonous words," my father refuses to look Castiel in the eye as he anounces this.

    "Dad! He just wants to warn us about a couple of rabid, feral, escaped werewolves. You know, so that nobody happens to get killed here," I speak coldly, "Like the one I killed after school today-"

    "I do not want to deal with this nonsense!" My dad is beginning to reach his boiling point. I glance at Castiel, pleading with my eyes for him to do something.

    "I must leave and deal with the consequences of their escape with my own people for now," Castiel starts to come towards me for a hug good-bye, but my father cocks the Pistol at the movement, so he backs away, looking grim. "Um, see you later then Ellen," he starts as he turns to run off into the forest, towards wherever his magic transportation portal is hidden.

    Dad glares at me, his face a deepening purple under the bright moonlight. "What is going on Ellen?"

    "I don't know, but I need to get some sleep."

   "Very well, I have a feeling we are going to have a long couple of weeks ahead of us. But if you were truly struggling with a werewolf, and the Fey's words are true, you need protection."

    "Dad, I keep salt in my purse-"

     "That isn''t what I mean."

    "Surely you do not mean-!"

     He starts to blush, as he realises that his meaning of protection didn't sound very appropriate.

     "NO! I meant this," and he pulls out a small, red and black swirling stone, glowing ever so slightly. It is attached to a light, silver chain, laced with iron.

     "What is it?"

     "The glass stone contains blood from both a demon, and your mother."

   "Oh, I see, the Demon's blood protection charms. But how would you have some of Mom's blood?" She had died years ago!

    "After the vampire ripped her to shreds, I took a blood sample, and after studying it, I saw that it had already mixed with the vampire's blood. I researched uses of the combination, and wehter or not she would return as one of the creatures. That is why we had her crmated, just to be safe. I stumbled on some of the charms for protection. After you started to help out more and more with the hunts, I created this for you. The chain is able to deflect most paranormal creatures. You cannot be taken into a different realm by the Fey while wearing it. There are a few other protective qaulities to the necklace, too."

    "Have you given one to Mitch or Kayla yet?"

     "There was only enough of the blood sample left to create yours."

    "Give it to one of them, then!"

    "I can't. Don't bother argueing. You are the only one of my children hunting. I will not stand for one of them to be hurt. I am figuring out another way of tranportable protection for them, anyways. WOuld Mitch ever wear jewelry? Would Kayla touch a necklace with blood in it?"