•Chapter 9: I Want Food•

*short chapter that gives new info, k?

I discovered long ago that car rides with Jackson can either be the best experience ever, or they can make you want to jump out the window. Not because he's a bad driver or anything, but because he either opens up and tries to have fun and make you laugh, or he tries to stay cool, giving off a 'bad boy' ora. Luckily, this was an amazing car ride.

Jackson's a lefty. He drove with one hand on the wheel and one hand in my hand. The drive from Ohio [where we live(d)] to New York is around eight hours, and we were on the road for about nine, but honestly, I wish it were longer. He made stupid jokes and faces and kissed me about a thousand times, nearly killing us over a thousand times, but that's all part of the fun.

After driving for about two hours, we stopped at a gas station. Jackson filled up the tank, but we didn't leave for another twenty minutes because Jackson kept playing with the sleeve of my too-long sweatshirt. We kissed. I yelled at him to just leave. He said I was hot when I yelled. I hit him with the sweatshirt.

"What? You look hot!" he laughed.

"No, I don't. I look powerful. Now, drive!" I said, acting annoyed, but still smiling.

We were in the honeymoon stage of our sort-of relationship. Of course it was great. Even so, it annoyed me that I had to say sort-of. I told him that... In a way.

"Jackson, what are we?" I asked.

He looked puzzled. "What do you mean?"

"I mean... We've been friends forever. We know everything about each other. We kiss. Hell, we're moving across the country together! So. Are we together?" I said, still holding his hand.

He looks at me with love in his eyes. "I really really really really really really like you. And I want you. Do you want me? Do you want me too?" he sings.

"Jackson!" I laugh. "This is no time for Carly Rae Jepsen!" He calms down. "I'm serious."

"Okay," he begins. "If it's up to me, I say yeah, let's go for it. I love... spending time with you."

HOLD UP. He was about to profess his love for me and all he ends up saying is that he loves spending time with me? I mean, I should be really upset, but I'm not because he was about to profess his love for me.

"Jackson."

"Yeah?"

"I want to be your girlfriend. I want to go on dates and be spontaneous and express extreme PDA and I want to tell you three words everyday. I want to tell you three words when we hang up on the phone, when you go get me sushi, when I go look for a job, and before we fall asleep every night."

"I love you, Grey."

"What?! I meant 'I want food'! But... I guess that works too."