•Chapter 11: Happily Ever After•

We slept each night beside each other. We fell asleep in each other's arms, holding hands, talking, or all of the above. We were just happy together.

Jackson found a job at a gym as a personal trainer in the Bronx. The drive to work for him was insane, but he came home happier and happier each night. I was hired at three places. The first being a tutoring agency, where from 3:30 PM to around 8:30, I'd help kids with homework, test prep, and other icky stuff. I surprisingly loved that. The second was at a bookstore only a block away from the agency. I stayed there from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM on weekends and some weekdays. The third was at a music school. That one was my favorite. They called me in as a substitute vocal teacher (SUCK IT, JACKSON) whenever they needed me. The kids were great and so was the company. It was really close to a certain gym, too.

One night, on our way home from work, Jackson and I got a call. From Fawn. She was extremely happy and we knew it was because she had arrived. She said she was unpacking in her dorm at Julliard, and simply had to meet us for dinner. We told her to meet us at our apartment. (Had I not mentioned our apartment? Well, after two or three months in New York, Jackson and I earned enough money to rent a tiny studio apartment in the nicer part of the Bronx. It wasn't much, but it had become home.)

When we arrived, she squealed and so did I. Jackson did, too. He just didn't want me to mention it. He didn't squeal for Fawn, though. He squealed over the sight of Rory. He stood (yes, stood) in our doorway. He had a crutch, but he looked great. Apparently, he had gone into remission after we left and was waiting for the right time to tell us. He just never found one. He was going to a little college in Maine for engineering, but it was only a few hours to drive to and fro New York from there, so he made a stop to see us.

Jackson proposed on January 18, 2016. We're getting married sometime in the future. We're not sure when. At least now, my father will be around to walk me down the aisle. I met him at the bookstore one day. He was helping his five-year-old son find a book about superheroes. He invited me for coffee and tried to make amends. It took a lot of help and encouragement from Fawn, Jackson, and Rory, but, eventually, I forgave him. My mother hasn't called since I left. Dax said he saw her in a bar one night, but that was all. Still, she's my mom.

I know you probably aren't satisfied with our story. I didn't really give you much of an ending. But I don't know what else to tell you. I'm happy, finally. I just don't have an ending. Yet. Maybe one day I will. I'll have Fawn tell you about that. I don't know, I just think I can't tell you I'm living happily ever after because I don't know what the future holds. When I started this, I never would have thought I'd actually make it to New York. I never thought I'd be getting married to Jackson. I never thought Rory would be able to stand. I definitely don't know what the future holds, but I know that I'll be ready. If not, then, I know where to find you.

I don't know when you're reading this, but I know you'll be just as smart then as you are now, sitting with Dad in my apartment, playing chess. I love you, Spencer.

Big hugs from your older sister!
-Grey

----------------
So there you have it, So We Ran. I worked really hard on this book and I'm so happy with how it came out and I'm really hoping you are too! Thank you so much for reading. I honestly could not have done this without you. Special thanks to anyone who's ever voted for, commented on, liked, or even skimmed through one of my chapters. Those mean the world to me.

If you're interested in a sequel, who knows? Maybe one in Fawn's or Rory's point of view :) Anyway, thanks again.

Much love,
Ordinary♥️