eight // teddy bears and ferris wheels

Troye's POV

"Where are you taking me?"

"You'll see," Tyler purred, walking in front of me as I sighed and followed close behind.

An excited giggle left Tyler's lips as he grabbed my hand once again, swinging our hands between us. He led me into a small barn-like building.

"Aw, Ty!" I said in awe, looking around at the animals. He smiled next to me, pointing out the bunny a little girl was holding. We walked over to the bunnies, my smile growing.

"Do you wanna hold him? He's really sweet," a lady who was standing next to one of the cages that held a white bunny, a black spot covering one of his eyes asked me.

I nodded, letting go of Tyler's hand to hold my arms out, cooing when the soft bunny was placed in my hands.

"What's his name?" Tyler asked, petting the bunny as I smiled fondly at the animal.

"Tilly. He's a cuddler," she said to us.

"Thats a cute name," I said with a soft smile, absentmindedly stroking the bunnies ears before handing it back to her. We thanked her and walked down the aisles of the cows. "It's like a little family!" I said, looking at two cows with a baby calf sitting next to them.

"You're so cute," Tyler giggled, saying it so quiet I didn't know if I was supposed to hear it. But I did, my eyes going wide at his words as my cheeks heated up.

***

"I wanna win a prize," I whined after losing yet another game. You had to squirt the squirt gun and hit the target. I've been hitting it, but you have to hold it there for like thirty seconds or however long it took for the stupid thing to fall down.

Tyler smiled, patting my back before giving the guy money. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Winning you that prize," he smiled. I blushed for the millionth time tonight, looking down at my feet to hide it. The buzzer went off above Tyler's head as Tyler started playing.

He hit the target almost immediately, but also slipped. Tyler swore under his breath when the game ended, giving the guy more money as the man took it happily.

It went on like this about four more times before I tried getting him to stop. "It's rigged Tilly, you're neve-"

"Tilly?" He questioned with raised eyebrows.  

"It's your nickname," I shrugged, though my heart began racing.

"That was the bunnies name you held a little while ago," Tyler chuckled, turning to look at me, money in hand.

"I know, but I liked it," I shrugged once again. "But seriously, you shouldn't be wasting all of your money on me. This game is rigged, you're not supposed to win, that's the whole point."

He pouted, looking back at the game before looking over at me once again. "One more game. If I lose I'll stop, but if I win you're buying me food."

I chuckled and nodded. "Fine," I agreed, shooing him away to go play one more time. There's no way he's going to wi-

A loud bell rung out from above our heads, a robot voice repeating the word 'winner' over and over again. "You have got to be kidding me," I said, my mouth hanging open.

The man handed Tyler a little prize but he didn't take it. "I'm going for a big prize." I groaned.

"Tilly," I complained, smiling despite myself as he concentrated solely on his game, the bell going off once again as I rolled my eyes. Tyler jumped up and down, grabbing the oversized teddy bear the man handed him and walking back over to where I was sitting.

"You owe me food," Tyler smiled, obviously proud of himself as he handed me the bear. I took it from him, snuggling it to my chest and thanking him for the prize, heat spreading through my abdomen at his sweet smile on his face.

We walked to the nearest food stand, Tyler ordering two corndogs for himself as I kept the teddy bear close to me, my smile never leaving my face as I payed the lady.

"Ferris wheel next?" Tyler asked me and smiled when he saw me hugging the bear close to me. I nodded, smiling back as we walked towards the ferris wheel.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous when I saw how big it was. I grabbed his arm and stopped walking. "I've never been on one," I said quietly, finding myself embarrassed for no reason.

"It's not as bad as it looks," Tyler assured me. "Do you want to find something else to do? We don't have to go on this is you don't want to."

I shook my head. "No, I want to go on it. I'll be fine." Tyler nodded and grabbed my hand loosely in his to lead the way. I watched as the small carts swayed from side to side, stopping occasionally when people got out or in.

"Come on, it's our turn!" Tyler rushed and got into the swaying cart, holding his hand out and pulling me in to sit across from him.

"Enjoy," a guy with a fake tan said with a yawn, closing the small gate before we started moving.

I sat across from Tyler, his eyes big as they watched the scenery below him. I moved to get more comfortable, gasping when the cart moved. I instinctively grabbed the sides of the cart, closing my eyes tight as Tyler laughed at me.

Just when the swaying subsided, Tyler decided to wiggle around to purposely make the cart sway even more once again. I gasped again, reaching over and pinching his hand for doing that.

"You're mean," I pouted, my arms crossed over my chest. I peaked over the edge, my heart stopping when I saw how high we were.

"I wonder what it'd be like to jump off from up here..." 48 said in my ear, the hair on the back of my neck standing up. I shook my head, looking out to find something to look at. "Don't you dare ignore me, Troye," she hissed, her hands trailing up my sides as I cried out quietly, her nails pinching my hipbone before I jumped towards Tyler.

"What are you—" I cut him off, not caring how uncomfortable it was as I wrapped my arms around his waist, my head on his chest. I closed my eyes, trying to ignore 48 as she continued whispering things. She stopped touching me as soon as I cuddled to Tyler, I noticed.

________

Hey hi hello it me.

This will continue onto the next chapter as Tyler's POV. I'm going to be probably updating a lot bc I'm bored and have wifi so yeesss