seventeen // sneaking out

Troye's POV

"I should probably get home. My parents are going to flip their shit when they realize I'm not there, so..."

Tyler nodded. "Probably." I gave him a weak smile, standing up from where I sat on his bed. I never really planned on staying the night, but I knew I couldn't stay home alone.

Ever since 48 hurt me a few hours ago, I've been sleeping for shirt periods of time before waking up suddenly in a cold sweat. Tyler didn't seem to get much sleep either, so we ended up watching a Disney movie to pass time. Not that I was really complaining when it gave me an excuse to cuddle with him.

I caught a glimpse at the time, sighing when my phone lit up 5:07am. Tyler and I walked to his car, driving in silence to my house.

When we got there, I was met with an empty driveway. "Do you wanna come in?" I asked before I could really stop myself, blushing when Tyler looked over at me.

"I-I uh, I'd love to, but it's a school night and I sort of n-"

"No, I get it," I shook my head, cursing myself as I stared at my hands. "I don't know why I asked. Tired, I guess." I mumbled, a dull pain in my chest as I opened the door and slipped out without a goodbye.

As I reached the front door, Tyler's car still in my driveway, I jumped and nearly screamed when I saw Tyler walking towards me. "What the hell are you doing?" I whispered.

"I'm coming in," He shrugged, "is that okay?"

"No, I mean, yeah, yeah that's fine. I just..." I trailed off with a shrug, sighing loudly as I dug through my pocket for my keys.

I unlocked the door, turning a light on and immediately regretting it. The bright light caused me to hiss, turning it off as my eyes were dotted with white light. "Sorry 'bout that."

"Oh, it's fine. Just, ya know, going blind over here." I rolled my eyes at his dramatic overstatement. I stopped, debating as to where to go. We could go to my room, but that might make me look d-

"Why are you looking at the lamp like that?" Tyler laughed beside me. I snapped my eyes up to look at him.

"What? Oh, I was thinking." Tyler rolled his eyes, asking to see my room. "My room?" He nodded. "Uh, y-yeah, sure."

"Stop stuttering and show me your room! You're acting like we're about to fuck or something." My eyes widened at his statement, choking on air as I coughed. Tyler laughed, patting my back as I tried to compose myself.

I opened my closed door, suddenly nervous for him to seem my room. I flicked on the bedside lamp, looking around and seeing the mess on my desk that Tyler was looking at.

"What's all this paper?" He walked towards it and I stood in front of him, not wanting him to read any of it.

"It's just something I've been working on. It's nothing really, just a song I've been writing when I-"

"Wait, you sing? And write songs? I wanna read one!" Tyler whined, reaching for a random sheet of crumpled paper. I grabbed his wrist, stopping him.

"No, you can't. They're no good," I mumbled, my palms sweaty at the thought of letting him read them. "They're too personal."