Chapter 1: The Gifts

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Jordan! Happy birthday to you!"

Oh yeah, it's my birthday.

Everyone woke me up with a birthday cake saying "HAPPY BIRTHDAY 13th B-DAY JORDAN" with dark blue frosting and probably dark blue in the inside. It had thirteen candles on it and this situation reminded me like a movie where the parents wake them up with a birthday cake. As you can tell by that, it's my birthday. Thirteen to be exact. My "dad" Percy was the one holding the cake.

I call him dad because he was such a father figure, even though he was my uncle, I called him dad. Plus, he is the person who took care of me when I was a baby. He has black hair with sea green eyes. He looks a little bit like me. I have sea green eyes but my hair is a darker black, like the shadows.

Next to him was my "mom" Annabeth. She has long blond hair and gray eyes. She is a daughter of Athena, god of wisdom and battle strategy.

Next to her was my little "brother" Luke. Technically my cousin but thats not the point. He has black hair with gray eyes. He is only 8 and is a lot like Annabeth. He has the gray eyes and is pretty much smarter than me. He can do small Poseidon stuff like change currents and talk to horses and fish and other things like that. They named him Luke after one of their friends. There was a Luke who ended up leading the Titans which is kinda funny.

I can do a lot more. I do what he does but, about a billion times stronger. Not actually a billion but you get the point. I can summon giant waves and I can actually control fish. Yes, that is a little weird, even Percy can't do that. Plus, about the giant waves, Percy told me they are only a couple gallons smaller than Poseidon's strength. It's kinda scary. I can also know coordinates and things like that, breath under water, and cause earthquakes.

Poseidon is the earth shaker also. Percy can't cause earthquakes either. He says I am really strong for being a son of two demigods. I can tell he knows why though. How I figured out I had these powers? I will tell you.

I was in the bathtub, not even washing myself, I just like the water so much I just sit there. Anyways, I started to twirl my hand around, and water started to float. I should of got scared but I was only 5 so I thought it was cool. Eventually after twirling my hand so much, my gut started to get a weird feeling. Every drop in the bathtub was floating. Then I yelled "STOP" but nothing happened. Water started to come out of the bath and the sink faucet. Not lightly, shooting out of it really hard. Eventually the pipes burst because there was so much water. It then started to shoot out of the walls. I yelled for Percy to come and he ran in through the door. The ground started to shake and Percy yelled "Earthquake!" He then realized what was going on so he told me to just imagine stopping the water. I imagined me telling the water to stop. Finally it did so.

He told me what happened and how to control it. The reason it didn't work the first time is because it wasn't directed towards the water. He told me this happened because my dad was a son of Poseidon. He told me that the greek stuff was real and everything like that. I asked who my mom was and he told me he can't. I asked him why and he said the Fates won't allow that. I know almost everything about the greek stuff but not the Fates. He told me they decide what happens. He didn't tell me anything else after that.

Lets come back to the present now!

I blew out the candles and started to yell out "yay!" like I'm a little kid. I didn't say anything because thats what I like about them. I may be a teenager but they still treat me like a little kid.

"I hope you liked the presents we picked out for you!" Luke yelled.

"Could you be anymore louder?" I told him laughing.