IV - Guidance.

Daniel was left home alone after Henry headed into work the next day. While his husband worked morning shifts into the afternoon, it wasn't unnatural for the brunette to have to wait until nightfall to head into the emergency center. He always missed Henry during these kinds of days, especially since it meant they'd only have a few hours tonight until he had to leave for the entire night. Henry wasn't a child in the least, but leaving him alone for an entire night never felt right.

Wanting to make sure he relaxed the whole day so he wouldn't pass out on the job, Daniel stayed in the living room for a couple hours, surfing around on his laptop while a marathon of movies played in the background. He played online fantasy war games, even some Sudoku for a pass time, and it wasn't long until he found himself on a website that sold everything someone could want for their baby.

There were the cutest outfits ever imagined, nursery furniture sets, toys, first time parent guides, blankets, and Daniel fell in love with nearly everything he saw. He even had an account for the site so he could place certain items on a wish-list to hopefully buy sometime later. And he hoped he wouldn't have to wait too much longer for a baby. He loved Henry so much, wanted them to start a family, but he wouldn't push his husband so actively anymore if he really wasn't ready. After all, the last thing he'd want is for Henry to be afraid of their own child.

On the days they went to visit London and Marbell, Daniel always put a little time aside for him and London to talk about what process he and Henry should take when the time did come around. He knew exactly which type of car seat to buy, how to look for the perfect surrogate mother, and even though he would have these conversations in private with London, something in Daniel was aware that Henry, too, was aware of what he and his brother-in-law spent so much time talking about.

Clicking the 'add to wish-list' button under the most adorable teddy bear Daniel had ever laid eyes on, he jumped a little at the unexpected sound of his doorbell ring throughout the one story house. Setting the laptop on the low living room table, he got up and went for the door. When he stood on the tips of his toes to reach the peephole, he went ahead and unlocked the door.

It was Dorian.

He was dressed in the same black hoody as the day before, dark blue jeans this time around, and he also had fresh bandaging on his right hand. "Hey," Daniel said with a smile, "You came back."

"Yeah..." Dorian looked around Daniel, "Where's Henry?"

"Umm, he went to work this morning," he stepped aside. "You're more than welcome to come in and wait until he gets here. He gets off at 4:30pm so it's just two more hours."

"Thanks," Dorian let himself in and the door closed behind him. While he made his way to the large living room to sit down, he noticed the website his brother's husband had been looking at and sat down on the loveseat. "You and Henry planning to have a kid soon or something?"

"Or something," Daniel shrugged, closing the laptop. "He's not ready but I am whenever he is."

While the movie played on the television, there was the most unbelievably awkward silence between the two, so to make it go away, Daniel said the first thing that came to mind. "So, how did you get into the neighborhood? I know some places leave their gates open all day until nightfall, but ours are closed all the time unless you have a code."

Dorian crossed his arms and leaned back into the loveseat, "It's not that hard to wait for someone to drive up before me, or wait until someone else leaves."

"Oh, duh...the code is 57052 for future reference. Don't want anyone to get suspicious of you someday." Daniel pulled his legs up on the sofa. He was dressed in comfortable sweats and a loose t-shirt. "Are you hungry? You never finished the food I gave you last night, and I don't know if you ate this morning, but I'd be happy to get you something."