Chapter Ten

•Katelyn's pov•

     Ding Dong

     "Ugh I'll get it," I say grumpily to no one in particular. 

     When I open the door, a very old lady with about nine cats greets me, "Oh, hello there Kawaii~chan! I am so glad you are watching my kitties for me," she says happily. 

     I put a shocked and confused look on my face, "Uhh, do I look like Kawaii~chan?" 

     "I don't have time to play your silly games Kawaii~chan," the lady says and continues, "now listen up. The kitties you are to watch are very special, just be good to them and they're easy to take care of. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to attend my vet appointment for my other 52 cats." And with that, she walks away. 

     "But I'm not Kawaii~Chan!" I yell at the old lady that left. Suddenly I feel the cats rush past me and inside the house. "Come back here you crazy old lady before I end you... Huh? Where did she go?! How!" I rush back inside, my anger getting the best of me. 

      "Kawaii~chan, come down here and get your cats!" I yell, hopefully having it reach Kawaii~Chan's ears. "Kawaii~chan!" 

     "Ugh what's with the yelling?" Aphmau asks, sauntering down the stairs sleepily, "Kawaii~Chan is working the noon shift remmember- Kitties!" Aphmau says, halting her sentence and speeding down the rest of the stairs to play with the cats. I take a few steps backwards to avoid being shoved over by Aphmau in the rush to pet the cats.

     "Are you serious?" I question, furrowing my eyebrows together and approaching some of the cats, "That crazy cat lady from down the street left these nine cats here for her to baby-sit!" I make an emphasis on the number nine.

     "You mean cat-sit?" Aphmau retorts smugly.

     I roll my eyes and cross my arms, "whatever..." Aphmau chuckles a bit before i continue. "The point is they're her responsibility and i want nothing to do with this!" I huff.

     "Hey you let the crazy cat lady bring them in here, so they're your responsibility until Kawaii~Chan gets back." Aphmau says and looks me dead in they eye.

     "Ughhh!" I let out a frustrated yell as Aphmau looks around at the cats. She then puts a questioning look on her face.

      "Katelyn, I thought you said there were nine cats, and I'm only counting eight." Aphmau looks down a bit, before returning her eyes to mine. I swear i could have kissed her right then and there if it were not for my horribly obvious frustration.

     "Oh are you serious one is missing!" I yell looking around at the cats. After aa quick count i realize Aphmau is right. There are only eight cats. "It was right here just a second ago!"

     "Are you sitting on it?" Aphmau giggles.

     "Wha-What kind of a question is that of course I'm not sitting on it, I'm not even sitting!" I rush out all into one sentence, my evident anger becoming even more obvious. Aphmau giggles even more, and i look her into her eyes.

     "I mean we're 'Cat-Sitting' right?" Aphmau bursts into a fit of laughter, and i smile a bit at her obvious merriment.

     "Aphmau, just, no..." I say, trying to suppress my smile when she looks back up at me. "Now we need to find that cat. I don't want it looking for a place to hide inside the house."

     Aphmau lets out a growl, "I hope it pees on your stuff."

     "Woah, hah hah, what was that?" I ask angrily.